• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lumo 803 to Glasgow Queen Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan4291

Member
Joined
9 Dec 2019
Messages
415
Location
County Durham
A Lumo class 803 has made it to Glasgow Queen Street for the first time today (23/11) with 803003 working a return trip to and from Craigentinny depot. This is ahead of Lumo's launch of Glasgow services from the ECML December timetable change on Sunday 14th December.


 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GuyGibsonVC

Member
Joined
29 Nov 2019
Messages
232
Location
Up North
Might have to do a Morpeth - Glasgow run in the New Year. I haven’t been on Lumo since they refurbished the seats.
 

Warrior2852

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2018
Messages
318
Might have to do a Morpeth - Glasgow run in the New Year. I haven’t been on Lumo since they refurbished the seats.
The new seats are pretty comfortable, the only point against them is they insist you stick in your reserved one even if it's a bad one and the train's half empty!
 

Warrior2852

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2018
Messages
318
They didn't seem to care when I used it.
I've only done Lumo once but the guard on the train I was on was insistent on everyone being in their allocated seats, it was announced a couple times at the start then checked as part of the ticket check.

Sticking to the thread topic though, I imagine this wouldn't be the case on the Glasgow leg past Edinburgh.
 

800Travel

Member
Joined
3 Nov 2023
Messages
658
Location
UK
Looks like tonight's run to London has been cancelled due to a fatality.
Based on allocations:

1S95 1214 London Kings Cross to Glasgow Queen Street will terminate short at Edinburgh
1E88 1920 Glasgow Queen Street to London Kings Cross will start short from Edinburgh

Its delay is currently 147 minutes at Widdrington, which has it arriving at Edinburgh at 1859, 8 minutes before it was supposed to arrive at Edinburgh from Glasgow Queen Street, and 21 minutes before it is booked to head back down south.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C08155/2025-12-16/detailed#allox_id=0

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C08176/2025-12-16/detailed

Lumo Journeycheck states:
18:18 Glasgow Queen Street to London Kings Cross due 23:59 will be started from Edinburgh.
It will no longer call at Glasgow Queen Street, Falkirk High and Haymarket.
This is due to trespassers on the railway.

https://www.journeycheck.com/lumo/

Lumo Twitter states:
The 12:14 from London Kings Cross which was due into Glasgow at 17:46 will terminate at Edinburgh this evening. This is due to trespassers on the railway

https://x.com/LumoTravel/status/2000967614063849767?s=20
 

Warrior2852

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2018
Messages
318
How would they know? Seems exceptionally petty?
Tickets have the seat numbers on, they got checked on my train.
As I said I've only done Lumo once, sounds like this isn't the norm from what others here have said.
 

dk1

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Oct 2009
Messages
19,879
Location
East Anglia
Tickets have the seat numbers on, they got checked on my train.
As I said I've only done Lumo once, sounds like this isn't the norm from what others here have said.
Pleased to hear it isn’t the norm. No need for it.
 

GuyGibsonVC

Member
Joined
29 Nov 2019
Messages
232
Location
Up North
The new seats are pretty comfortable, the only point against them is they insist you stick in your reserved one even if it's a bad one and the train's half empty!

The old ones were comfy but they quickly needed a refurb’. I much prefer them to the LNER seats, although you are tightly packed in.

Anyway, I digress. I get staff travel but £13.90 advance from Morpeth to Glasgow isn’t bad at all.
 

GhostManDN91

Member
Joined
2 Oct 2022
Messages
147
Location
Wigan
What's the ride quality like on them? I'm looking forward to when we get those Hitachi's on the WCML with Lumo. Assuming it will be cheaper than Avanti?
 
Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,841
Location
West of Andover
What's the ride quality like on them? I'm looking forward to when we get those Hitachi's on the WCML. Assuming it will be cheaper than Avanti?

The WCML already has the Hitachi 805/807s running on it, although the furthest north they run is Preston*

(*other for the first week or so in January when they are diverting via the S&C)
 

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,560
Location
Lichfield
How would they know? Seems exceptionally petty?

On that note, if it was policy, how would they enforce it and what would they be able to do in reality if you simply said "No, I'm not moving, I'm happy where I am." ?
 

dk1

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Oct 2009
Messages
19,879
Location
East Anglia
On that note, if it was policy, how would they enforce it and what would they be able to do in reality if you simply said "No, I'm not moving, I'm happy where I am." ?

There simply is just no logical point in enforcing it if it’s not causing any issues.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top