• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lowestoft to Norwich via Brundall Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Hello, i am looking at going trainspotting at brundall gardens, so i can watch the trains pass through, i know that from Lowestoft, it's a change at Brundall, wait about 10 minutes then transfer onto a train to Brundall Gardens, Trainspot there for about an hour before moving on to norwich. Is it acceptable for this to be done on a lowestoft to norwich return ticket?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,126
Location
Redcar
Just for clarity the journey your making is Lowestoft - Brundall, change, Brundall - Brundall Gardens, trainspot, Brundall Gardens - Norwich? And you wish to use a Lowestoft - Norwich ticket?

Assuming that the above is correct I would suggest that you planned journey is perfectly valid on that ticket. If you wish to leave the station at Brundall Gardens the ticket would need to permit a break of journey, most do, but to be sure we'd need to know the exact ticket you were planning on using.
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,575
All Lowestoft to Norwich fares permit a Break of Journey.

TP
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Just for clarity the journey your making is Lowestoft - Brundall, change, Brundall - Brundall Gardens, trainspot, Brundall Gardens - Norwich? And you wish to use a Lowestoft - Norwich ticket?

Assuming that the above is correct I would suggest that you planned journey is perfectly valid on that ticket. If you wish to leave the station at Brundall Gardens the ticket would need to permit a break of journey, most do, but to be sure we'd need to know the exact ticket you were planning on using.

Yes, i tried my best to make it as clear as is possible for you all, i was just checking it was legal to do it on a Off peak day return
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Right I have plans to do this now, I have two queries: when buying the ticket at Lowestoft, should I tell the ticket office that I wish to break my journey? also will the Guards be ok with me doing this?
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,575
Right I have plans to do this now, I have two queries: when buying the ticket at Lowestoft, should I tell the ticket office that I wish to break my journey? also will the Guards be ok with me doing this?

No need and yes.

TP
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top