47550
Member
Hi
Please could you help with some advice on a suitable ticket to travel from Loughborough to Penrith.
Am looking to catch the 15.40 Loughborough to Sheffield (EMT), then 17.11 Sheffield to Manchester (TPE) followed by the 18.15 Manchester to Penrith (also TPE).
I can buy an offpeak single for about £84 but if I split the tickets, I can get this down to about £48.
I am a bit concerned about missing connections - particularly in Manchester where I have only 13 minutes between trains. If I split the tickets and miss one of the connections due to late running will I have to buy a new ticket for the rest of the journey (eg I can buy am £8 advance single for the Sheffield to Manchester leg but is valid only on the 17.11). Similarly Manchester - Preston has an £8 advance single available but only for that train.
I'm sure you've answered this question before on here, but saves me trawling through the pages.
Many thanks
Please could you help with some advice on a suitable ticket to travel from Loughborough to Penrith.
Am looking to catch the 15.40 Loughborough to Sheffield (EMT), then 17.11 Sheffield to Manchester (TPE) followed by the 18.15 Manchester to Penrith (also TPE).
I can buy an offpeak single for about £84 but if I split the tickets, I can get this down to about £48.
I am a bit concerned about missing connections - particularly in Manchester where I have only 13 minutes between trains. If I split the tickets and miss one of the connections due to late running will I have to buy a new ticket for the rest of the journey (eg I can buy am £8 advance single for the Sheffield to Manchester leg but is valid only on the 17.11). Similarly Manchester - Preston has an £8 advance single available but only for that train.
I'm sure you've answered this question before on here, but saves me trawling through the pages.
Many thanks