• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Loughborough to Lowestoft 9/9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Joined
7 Sep 2005
Messages
1,787
Location
Loughborough
I need to travel from Loughborough to Lowestoft on Thursday 09th September. I was shocked to find the single price is nearly £50 and that's with a railcard! I presume AP will be cheaper (to Norwich) but how could I find the best combination since it's 2 or 3 operators?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
You aren't going to find many APs left for a journey in 4 days.. good luck :)
 

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
I do not know where you got that fare from but a single Loughborough -Lowestoft route Not London is £48-50, £32-00 with railcard.

Peter
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The only advanced fares from Loughborough available now are
Depart Arrive Changes Duration Price
05:07 09:36 1 4:29hrs £13.85 with railcard (£21)
06:26 10:41 1 4:15hrs £17.15 with railcard (£26)
15 Trains unavailable for your selected fare.

Peter *
 
Last edited:

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Joined
16 Apr 2010
Messages
4,234
Location
Reading
There appear to be quite a few advance singles from Leicester to Ely with CrossCountry for £7. Combine these with a CDS Loughborough to Leicester for £4.40 and Ely to Lowestoft for £13.60 and you have a total of £25 (£16.50 railcard) - quite reasonable. There are plenty of trains in the middle of the day with the £7 fare although it will add an extra change at Ely and I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait there (I only looked at fares, not timetables!).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top