• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lots of diesels at Selhurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddon

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2009
Messages
469
The thread title says it all! There was at least three class 37's and 2 31's, plus possibly some more up the back - I couldn't see clearly. I know some are used on the Network Rail measuring trains, but anyone know why there are so many locos there at the moment?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

acg5324

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2008
Messages
100
Location
Brighton
I was there yesterday on a 'visit' for work. :D
There were 3 x DRS 37's...can't remember the numbers think there was 37608 and 029....... 31106 on a NR test train plus 73202 Broadlands, and 73107 Spitfire.

I have pictures so will post them as soon as they are off the camera.
 

A60K

Member
Joined
26 Jun 2008
Messages
1,030
Location
Kilburn
Possibly - random guess - related to the ELL, track recording being done while it's new as a benchmark for the future?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top