• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost the ticket and pay the fine in time, can I relax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny521

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2014
Messages
5
Hello everyone, I am a new member here, I met a unpleasant experience today that I lost my rail ticket and get the fine of 20 ponuds, I paid the fine in cash as soon as required, and got the the receipt from the officer. Here I want to ask 2 questions: firstly, since I have pay the amount of fine in time, will I be free from the summons of the court? Secondly, will this experience affect my credit record ,social service and job hunting? I am a little panic about that, expecting your reply, Thank you so much!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
It sounds like you received, and paid, a penalty fare. If that is the case, that will be the end of the matter.
 

Jonny521

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2014
Messages
5
Yes, thanks for your reply, I have got the receipt and paid the fine, so I am safe from the summons right? And what about the credit record?
 

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
It sounds like you received, and paid, a penalty fare. If that is the case, that will be the end of the matter.
I agree.
Though it's a little difficult to be certain without knowing exactly what "the fine of 20 ponuds" was.

If you could tell us, Jonny521, exactly what you have received, then we'll be able to give you advice which you can take with the highest degree of confidence.

So what have you been given, and by whom?
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,541
Location
Yorkshire
Yes, thanks for your reply, I have got the receipt and paid the fine, so I am safe from the summons right? And what about the credit record?
Can you please confirm: were you charged a Penalty Fare?

If so, you need not worry; it's simply a higher than normal fare for people who are considered to be making an honest mistake, it is not a fine (though understandably, it may seem like one!) and anyone issued with one is not being accused of avoiding payment of their fare, and isn't being summoned to court. As you've paid it, there is no credit issue to worry about.

A prosecution is a very different matter, and can lead to a criminal record and a hefty fine.
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1220747&postcount=4
 

Jonny521

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2014
Messages
5
Yes, the total amount of the fine is 20 pounds, and I received the receipt of the fine from the officer who I paid the fine to, under such circumstances, can I get free for that. Thank you so much!
 

Jonny521

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2014
Messages
5
Yes, the title of the receipt is called Panalty Fare Receipt, and I have paid the total amount of the panalty fare in time, do I need no worry about this issue? Thank you so much!
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
If it is a Penalty Fare, then as others have said, you have paid in full, so it is the end of the matter.

If your details were taken, that will be for the company's own records, so that if you ever pop up again with a ticketing irregularity, they will know that it is not the first time and decide on the appropriate course of action accordingly.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,541
Location
Yorkshire
Yes, the title of the receipt is called Panalty Fare Receipt, and I have paid the total amount of the panalty fare in time, do I need no worry about this issue? Thank you so much!
You can relax.:)

Just try not to lose your ticket again, as too many 'mistakes' can make the Company suspect it's more than that (I don't necessarily agree with such a conclusion but such conclusions can be reached).
 

Jonny521

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2014
Messages
5
Yes, this is a big lesson to me, thank you for your kind reply!

Thank you for your comments!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top