• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost annual gold card near expiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilm

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2012
Messages
501
Hi

Looking for some advice/confirmation.

I lost my annual gold card this week and it expires next week. I have been to the ticket office this morning for new photo card and replacement form.

Now what I want to know is since it is so close to the expiry date, will they issue a duplicate?

I understand that only 1 duplicate a year can be issued and I do not want this one to count against my new season ticket, if it does then I will just buy the new tickets until next week when I planned to buy anyway.

Hope that makes sense.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

neilm

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2012
Messages
501
Update:

I spoke to southern who seem to say that they will just send back a letter of authoirsation for the refunds of tickets I purchase until the expiry date of the ticket. This will not affect my next ticket either has no duplicate will be been issued.

Anyone able to confirm this?
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,845
Update:

I spoke to southern who seem to say that they will just send back a letter of authoirsation for the refunds of tickets I purchase until the expiry date of the ticket. This will not affect my next ticket either has no duplicate will be been issued.

Anyone able to confirm this?
This is quite generous of them as they are under no obligation to do this. Without this, my suggestion would have been to buy the new season a few days early.
 

neilm

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2012
Messages
501
This is quite generous of them as they are under no obligation to do this. Without this, my suggestion would have been to buy the new season a few days early.

Indeed, they are under no obligation if it is less than 1 month if I am correct?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top