I can't imagine ISIS being too bothered about what we do with our borders. In fact, I'm sure they rather like the porous borders in Europe and thanks to the refugee crisis, they have nanaged to exploit that.
And said as much at the time by ISIS. I mean, why
wouldn't you - as a terrorist group seeking to attack the west - take advantage?
I swear that years of liberal Governing has literally handed the right
everything they want. People have a tendency to overreact, so when they got sick of seeing us being taken for a ride (not just this, but many other things) they swung hard to the right, who started to say what they wanted to hear. I expect that's precisely what happened in Germany pre-war.
Now we have the bizarre situation where many Labour voters have gone to support UKIP, while we can see just how dangerous things could be in the US.
I guess we'll see how dangerous it is when we watch what happens over the next four years in the US, of which I have no doubt we'll end up caught up in.
I am sure terrorists still want another 9/11 or 7/7 style attack, but besides that, it seems the random attacks are an excellent strategy. They can create real fear, and the security services and intelligence agencies will really struggle.
If you have loads of people you've let in who don't have a lot to lose, I am sure we're going to have to get used to random attacks in any city, at any time, in the future. I know we lived under the IRA, but I really don't think people who say that consider that I was quite glad when we stopped having to watch our backs - and at least, most of the time, they gave warnings before detonating bombs.