• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lord of the Isles Statesman - Accommodation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masbroughlad

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2011
Messages
1,847
Location
Midlands
We went on the Lord of the Isles Staesman in March. We got well priced accommodation in Inverness for 2 nights.

Was hoping to travel on this tour again as a present for my Mum. It departs South Yorkshire at the end of August and the beginning of September.

Unfortunately, accommodation in Inverness both of these weekends, makes it cost prohibitive. Fully booked hotels or a few rooms at hundreds of pounds each night.

Any chance of the tours being redated? Why so difficult/expensive these weekends?

Wonder if LSL are having difficulty filling these trains because of this?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,129
Location
Redcar
Any chance of the tours being related? Why so difficult/expensive these weekends?
Highlands of Scotland in the summer has always been very tricky to find cheap accommodation for. I'm not surprised it was cheap in March however!
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,660
Location
Hampshire
Highlands of Scotland in the summer has always been very tricky to find cheap accommodation for. I'm not surprised it was cheap in March however!
Indeed, April to September is the main season and thus the prices increase considerably. Unfortunately, both Fort William and Inverness* are tourist hotspots and hubs for the Highlands and end up being priced accordingly!

*Eg, see Loch Ness etc!
 

bleeder4

Member
Joined
19 Jan 2019
Messages
792
Location
Worcester
I was on the Lord of the Isles Pullman earlier this month and every hotel I could find in Inverness was charging twice as much for the Saturday as they were for the Sunday. I went for the Travelodge just down the road from the station (same place the crew stayed) which was £167 on Saturday and £88 on Sunday. Due to the risk of rail strikes I didn't book any hotels until the week before, when I knew for sure the trip was running. I'm doing the Fort William one in September so will check hotels nearer the time.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top