• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Long queues for Eurostar at Brussels

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
Yes, I remembered that a few moments after posting, hence the edit.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

py_megapixel

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2018
Messages
7,498
Location
Northern England
When I went through Brussels last month I didn't have any issues apart from the utterly inane decision to have the route from the departure lounge to the platform go through the duty free shop. It's not like anyone could buy anything; they've got to catch their train!

This was in contrast to London, where it was appalling, the queue overflowing the zig-zag barriers, stretching all the way down the shopping arcade and well into another set of zig-zag barriers at the other end. Departure time was about 14:30. At 13:00 I was sent away, saying I'd arrived too early. But on returning at about 13:35 I ended up being cut into the queue halfway along by a member of staff who insisted I was too late. I thought this was bizarre, but didn't argue, and it turned out that she may well have been right: I eventually only got through security and passports with about 10 minutes to spare before departure!
 

Jim the Jim

Member
Joined
18 Dec 2020
Messages
280
Location
Cambridge
No queue to speak of at St Pancras last Wednesday evening. And Rotterdam was quieter than usual coming back this week as well, though the train itself was almost full.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top