• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Long Eaton to STP for Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_m

Member
Joined
27 Mar 2017
Messages
44
Hi All,

I just want to check something - for 2 people with a two together railcard on a weekday - I think we can get the 09:41 train to St Pancras for £140 (destination is actually london international). I think this is an open return, so I can use it a few days later when I return from Paris to get back to long eaton?

However, the fare with the destination set as STP is £173.80, as the time is not super off peak.

I guess I'm just checking my logic here - the CIV has different peak restrictions/pricing? And the above is valid?

thanks in advance!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Vexed

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2020
Messages
670
Location
Herts / Hants
Yes, the CIV ticket has different restrictions to other tickets to St Pancras. It has restriction code EU (how appropriate!) which makes it valid for arrivals into London after 10:11, and for your return there are no restrictions at all, valid for 2 months.

You may be asked to show your Eurostar ticket to prove your entitlement to the ticket.

 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,785
Location
UK
No restrictions other than those which apply to using a Two Together Railcard.
Which are, for the OP's benefit, that such tickets aren't valid before 09:30 Mon-Fri (except Bank Holidays).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top