• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Long Buckby to Oxford - several times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
5 Sep 2018
Messages
234
I consider myself pretty good at buying train tickets but I'm really struggling with the cost of this one!

I need to drop my son off at my parents for half term and then pick him up again. We have a Family & Friends Railcard. The cheapest I can get it down to is to buy an off-peak return splitting at Leamington Spa for both of us on the railcard, then the same again in the other direction, just for me without a railcard. I should add I'd rather get flexible tickets, the advances aren't much cheaper anyway.

It comes to £92.15 altogether :(

Then we are definitely doing the same journey together on 28th February and likely also on 8th March. So four times there and back in a month!

Is there any way to get the price down or am I just stuck with it?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HughT

Member
Joined
21 Feb 2018
Messages
148
Location
Cambridge
I realise this is circumventing the core question, but if all else fails I'd take the train to Milton Keynes and then the Stagecoach X5 bus to Oxford (£3 one way). Takes a little longer, for sure, but significantly cheaper. And it drops you in the centre of Oxford.
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,308
Even if EWR was operating by now, as was hoped, they’d probably have taken fares managers by surprise and there’d be no direct fares loaded yet…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top