• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London - Woking seasonal ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniela

Member
Joined
27 Dec 2011
Messages
5
Hi everyone,

I need some help :) I am moving to UK very soon. My office is located in Woking, but I'd like to live in London and reach the office by train. Do you know how much is a seasonal ticket from Clapham Junction to Woking? Thanks a lot!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
11 Nov 2007
Messages
337
Location
portsmouth
Days/Months Price
7 Days £58.50
1 Month £224.70
3 Months £674.00
6 Months £1,347.90
12 Months £2,340.00

there you go...

**edit** welcome to the forums!! :)
 

daniela

Member
Joined
27 Dec 2011
Messages
5
Oh, it's much more expensive than what I expected.. :( maybe I should find an accomodation closer to Woking
Thank you so much for the information and the quick reply guys!!
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,539
Location
Yorkshire
The Annual ticket is a Gold Card, which gets you 1/3 off most journeys in the South East e.g. if you take a leisure trip not covered by your Season ticket.

You can get a Season for any period of 1 month or greater, if you can't afford the initial investment of an annual then it can be best to buy them in 5 week blocks (starting Mondays and finishing Fridays - but varying that to take into account bank holidays, annual leave etc)
 

daniela

Member
Joined
27 Dec 2011
Messages
5
Hi Yorkie,
Thank you very much for your reply. :)
What does it mean that it is a Gold Card and how can I get it? I am sorry, but I don't kno how it works with the seasonal tickets in the UK... Thank you
 

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,914
Location
0036
A Gold Card is another name for a ticket valid for one year which includes travel in the London and South East area. It gives you 34% off most travel in that area that isn't covered by your season ticket.
 

daniela

Member
Joined
27 Dec 2011
Messages
5
Ok, I see. I will ask for it at the railway station. Than you very much for your help!
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
Ok, I see. I will ask for it at the railway station. Than you very much for your help!

You can only get a gold card if you buy an annual (One Year) season ticket :smile:
 

LexyBoy

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
4,478
Location
North of the rivers
You can only get a gold card if you buy an annual (One Year) season ticket :smile:

correct- however OP may be interested in a Network Railcard which gives the same discount (except that a minimum fare applies on weekdays), or if aged under 26, a 16-25 Railcard which also gives 34% off, nationwide i this case. Both are £28 (ish).

Railcards don't give a discount on Season tickets.
 

dvboy

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2011
Messages
2,039
Location
Birmingham
As your office if they have a corporate travel scheme, which may save you money on a gold card, and allow you to pay monthly through your salary.
 

daniela

Member
Joined
27 Dec 2011
Messages
5
Great! I'll try to get a Gold Card or a Network Railcard and I'll ask my company if they have a corporate travel scheme.
Thank you so much everyone, you're very kind!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top