• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Victoria Signaller new starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexWright

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2015
Messages
8
Hi I been working for network rail for 11 years now worked on off track then moved to Works Delivery as a team leader. Decided I'd like to do something different so I applied for Signallers job at Victoria which I'm happy to say I got. My start date is the 31st August.

Just wondered if anyone had anymore information like the training what's it like roster times shift patterns any info really that you think could help would be great and will the box be getting moved to three bridges? ill be working on the Wimbledon loop so any information would be great
:p:p:p
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

carriageline

Established Member
Joined
11 Jan 2012
Messages
1,897
Wimbledon loop is due to come up to the ROC in the next 3-4 years or so, whether or not that happens I don't know! I'll be surprised if your just working the Wimbledon loop though.

They do an 8 hour roster there, unsure of chanegover times.

Signalling school is now 11 weeks on a residential course at York ROC. Hotel and travel all paid for. Then you will slowly learn all the panels around the box.
 

Yabbadabba

Member
Joined
23 May 2014
Messages
385
Three Bridge ROC / Sussex Route

2016.01 (London Bridge 'Inner') Charing Cross workstation (TMS/WestCad Interfaced)

2016.05 (Victoria II) Streatham workstation (WestCad conventional, No ARS)

2016.08 (London Bridge 'Inner') Cannon Street workstation (TMS/WestCad Interfaced)

2018.02 (London Bridge 'Outer') Lewisham workstation (TMS/WestCad Interfaced)

2018.05 (London Bridge 'Outer') Grove Park workstation (TMS/WestCad Interfaced)

2018.Q2 (Thameslink 'Core') Core South/Central/South workstation (TMS/WestCad Interfaced - configurable to 1,2,3 dispatchers)


On the central side there are currently 5 panels, no firm dates have been offered for the migration other than what's been highlighted above. As per carriageline I'm not sure of the exact shift pattern, other than they are 8hr shifts (with mutual changeovers) rotating through a week of nights every 5 weeks. Christmas Day and Boxing Day are worked by volunteers. Victoria operates a training roster which I believe that you stay on until your passed competent on all panels.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top