• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Victoria Closure - 29th January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizCastro197

Established Member
Joined
12 May 2022
Messages
1,468
Location
Reigate
I was looking of potential ways into Victoria on the 29th of January, so I checked the Victoria Closures Page, and the 29th doesn't appear as to a closure date, only the 28th.
2023 - Closures

Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 January
Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 January
Saturday 28 January
However, when you look in journey planner, for trains from Redhill to Victoria on the 29th, it shows no direct trains:


In addition, their engineering page shows no planned work for either the 28th nor the 29th. So now, I am rather confused, am I just too early or are there actually trains on this date (29th)?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 11.56.37.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 11.56.37.png
    193.4 KB · Views: 29
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steve Harris

Established Member
Joined
11 Dec 2016
Messages
1,204
Location
ECML
Try having a look at https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/our-routes/sussex/london-victoria-track-and-signalling-upgrades/

On there it says

How will journeys be affected by the work?​


There will be changes to journeys to support the deliver of the work.


  • Sunday 20 November 2022
  • Saturday 26 to Sunday 27 November 2022
  • Sunday 25 December 2022 to Monday 2 January 2023 – new signalling system brought into use. Following the switch on of the new signalling system, we will remove the old equipment.
  • Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 January 2023
  • Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 January 2023
  • Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 January 2023
  • Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 February 2023

Changes for some of the above dates may not yet be showing in journey planners or on our planned engineering works page. Please check again closer to your travel date.
Notice I've emboldened 1 reason why you can't find the information you require.

I'm guessing it's possibly shut to remove the decommissioned signalling equipment (but that is only a guess, so don't take it as gospel).
 

busestrains

On Moderation
Joined
9 Sep 2022
Messages
788
Location
Salisbury
I was looking of potential ways into Victoria on the 29th of January, so I checked the Victoria Closures Page, and the 29th doesn't appear as to a closure date, only the 28th.

However, when you look in journey planner, for trains from Redhill to Victoria on the 29th, it shows no direct trains:


In addition, their engineering page shows no planned work for either the 28th nor the 29th. So now, I am rather confused, am I just too early or are there actually trains on this date (29th)?
It looks like all the London Victoria trains are diverted to London Bridge on that date. I am guessing that Southern have just not updated their website yet. I find that the Southern website is often not updated with engineering work and closures or they leave it to the last minute to add information.
 

WizCastro197

Established Member
Joined
12 May 2022
Messages
1,468
Location
Reigate
It looks like all the London Victoria trains are diverted to London Bridge on that date. I am guessing that Southern have just not updated their website yet. I find that the Southern website is often not updated with engineering work and closures or they leave it to the last minute to add information.
Thank you to both then, I guess I’ll just have to go to London Bridge on that day then.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

It looks like all the London Victoria trains are diverted to London Bridge on that date. I am guessing that Southern have just not updated their website yet. I find that the Southern website is often not updated with engineering work and closures or they leave it to the last minute to add information.
Not all unfortunately, Reigate-Victorias will go to Tonbridge instead.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top