• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground or Mind The Gap Bathroom Floor Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

Member
Joined
17 Feb 2011
Messages
611
Location
Machynlleth
I have searched on the internet frustratingly without finding any out of stock.

I'm in Mid Wales, with a nearly finished Tube-themed bathroom, so hard to go to the "big shops" to look.

Does anyone know of anywhere that would do a Bathroom Floor Mat/Rug (not one for in the bath), and maybe a toilet pedestal mat.

Thank you in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,852
Location
Epsom
If you need something custom made, it's probably worth asking companies that do themed limited run stuff for marketing and promotional purposes. They could probably do a one off - at a price.
 

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Joined
21 Apr 2013
Messages
28,722
Location
Nottingham
However, if you wish to use something like the Underground roundel then you'd probably need copyright permission from TfL, and I don't think a commercial company would do anything without seeing evidence of this as they could be prosecuted otherwise.
 

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
I have searched on the internet frustratingly without finding any out of stock.

I'm in Mid Wales, with a nearly finished Tube-themed bathroom, so hard to go to the "big shops" to look.

Does anyone know of anywhere that would do a Bathroom Floor Mat/Rug (not one for in the bath), and maybe a toilet pedestal mat.

Thank you in advance.

Once it's finished, I'd love to see a few photographs. :D
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,794
Location
Somewhere, not in London
However, if you wish to use something like the Underground roundel then you'd probably need copyright permission from TfL, and I don't think a commercial company would do anything without seeing evidence of this as they could be prosecuted otherwise.

Looking at the number of "London Souvenir" Stores around Bloomsbury, that's a lot of license agreements...(!)
 

burns20

Member
Joined
17 Feb 2011
Messages
611
Location
Machynlleth
I'll try and load some photos but I'm a bit of a technophobe.

We already have a Southern region Kitchen and hopefully after the Bathroom a London Midland region Living/Dining Room
 

burns20

Member
Joined
17 Feb 2011
Messages
611
Location
Machynlleth
After a whistle stop visit to London today arriving 1039 leaving at 1445 including a visit to the LT Museum Shop and a few tat shops no such luck so hoping to buy a rug base and attach it to the Tube Map Beach Towel
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
It might've been easier to go for a LU bedroom! Photo courtesy of Argos.

9132838_R_Z001A_UC1410898
 

burns20

Member
Joined
17 Feb 2011
Messages
611
Location
Machynlleth
I've already the Bedding set thats what inspired it.

The youtube bathroom is excellent...I've yet to retile the bathroom its just painted in Waterloo and City line colours.
 

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
I've had the same problem - I ended-up using a plain mat in Piccadilly Line blue!

Here's a video I made of my Tube bathroom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VMJDLoDCT4

I've added more bits since this was done (soap, door sign etc.)

Thank you for sharing. All I can say is WOW I'm impressed:D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It might've been easier to go for a LU bedroom! Photo courtesy of Argos.

9132838_R_Z001A_UC1410898
[/QUOTE

That cover is on my Christmas present list. :D
 

burns20

Member
Joined
17 Feb 2011
Messages
611
Location
Machynlleth
Nearly finished Great Western inspired Master Bedroom

Southern railway inspired Kitchen

London Midland inspired Lounge
 

Attachments

  • 20151217_123325.jpg
    20151217_123325.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20151129_145846.jpg
    20151129_145846.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20151130_131711.jpg
    20151130_131711.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top