• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - Customer Service Supervisor 2 - Full Time (External)

AM107

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2025
Messages
52
Location
London
Oh nice. Do you know how many roles available for this supervisor role?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Next is role play and interview

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Also how did you find the secure fit test was it hard ?
Oh . Just saw this. It was fairly easy , it’s just mostly personality quiz tbh.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DavyCrocket

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2006
Messages
670
I wonder how long before LU goes down the mainline route with their station staff, in other words agency / security.

Be interesting to see somewhere like Burnt Oak staffed by Serrano Safeguard Officers! :)
strike action about a decade ago put a stop to that. Of course they can always try again. There have been some events where contract security have ended up inside LU stations, but staff have told them to leave and also been supported in this.

TfL do of course have access to thousands of office staff that can come in and cover safety critical staff without any of the monitoring that proper staff have
 

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,010
Location
London
Of course, when it comes to management, we always hear that businesses 'have to pay the highest wages to attract the best people' - why doesn't that apply across the grades?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

There’s no easy comparison, however “equivalent” roles to CSS at other operators and TOCs would pay considerably less than this.

The fact that the application is going to be pulled earlier suggests they have lots of interested and probably perfectly well qualified external candisges. You can train systems, processes etc. but attitude is much harder.
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,280
There’s no easy comparison, however “equivalent” roles to CSS at other operators and TOCs would pay considerably less than this.
I hear this a lot in my working life and especially on social media, who often make the same claims. The answer is always the same - those individuals aren't being paid enough to afford even a miniscule home in zone 6, whilst at the same time being required to be physically present at their place of work in Central London. Their pay should be brought up, the race to the bottom argument is perpetuated by right wing media and business owners.
The fact that the application is going to be pulled earlier suggests they have lots of interested and probably perfectly well qualified external candisges. You can train systems, processes etc. but attitude is much harder.
The application was pulled after 48hrs and is now closed. Hopefully someone will make an FOI and see how many applications they got within those 48 hours. If I recall correctly, for a recent CSA campaign it was between 20 and 30k?

There is a slight correlation between quantity and quality I suppose, and I agree with you about being able to train people to an appropriate level. However like you, I also have concerns about a mass campaign to attract people who often won't have a proven record of working within a safety critical environment and wonder how TfL will be able to identify the individuals who will need incredible resilience to deal with the absolute loneliness and feelings of isolation in stations in far away zones. You can't teach those soft skills.

I do wish everyone success with their applications, but I suspect most will see the headline salary and not consider the drawbacks of this specific role (and indeed any role in transport.)
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Oh nice. Do you know how many roles available for this supervisor role?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Oh . Just saw this. It was fairly easy , it’s just mostly personality quiz tbh.
What did they ask roughly do you know
 

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,010
Location
London
I hear this a lot in my working life and especially on social media, who often make the same claims. The answer is always the same - those individuals aren't being paid enough to afford even a miniscule home in zone 6, whilst at the same time being required to be physically present at their place of work in Central London. Their pay should be brought up, the race to the bottom argument is perpetuated by right wing media and business owners.

I'm sure there will be many able to cope. Especially if they have a partner earning an equal amount. There are supervisory roles in other companies that pay nothing like this. I think some people employed by TfL and London Underground need to realise how good their pay is. And this is no "race to the bottom" argument; everyone should be paid well, but ultimately it is a very good salary respectively.
The application was pulled after 48hrs and is now closed. Hopefully someone will make an FOI and see how many applications they got within those 48 hours. If I recall correctly, for a recent CSA campaign it was between 20 and 30k?

There is a slight correlation between quantity and quality I suppose, and I agree with you about being able to train people to an appropriate level. However like you, I also have concerns about a mass campaign to attract people who often won't have a proven record of working within a safety critical environment and wonder how TfL will be able to identify the individuals who will need incredible resilience to deal with the absolute loneliness and feelings of isolation in stations in far away zones. You can't teach those soft skills.

I do wish everyone success with their applications, but I suspect most will see the headline salary and not consider the drawbacks of this specific role (and indeed any role in transport.)

There are lots of competency frameworks, assessment criteria and ultimately face-to-face interviews which will ensure they can get what they believe to be the right candidates. A safety-critical environment is not the be-all-and-end-all and there may be lots of people working in public transport in says avaiation or bus industry or other shift-based work (e.g. emergency services) who may well jump on these opportunities and fit in well with lots of transferrable skills.

I would say the "absolute loneliness and isolation" is somewhat overblown - sure it might be quieter, but these are all stations within the London Underground framework, not some desolate halt in a far flung part of the country. Some context is needed.

That being said you are right that people often consider the salary over and above any drawbacks, which is more true of externals who don't know the internal "gossip" about any given role.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I was acc told by a csm they’re gonna hold out a little longer maybe closed tomorrow as there was only about 2,000 applications

"Only"!
 

bramling

Veteran Member
Joined
5 Mar 2012
Messages
20,413
Location
Hertfordshire / Teesdale
I'm sure there will be many able to cope. Especially if they have a partner earning an equal amount. There are supervisory roles in other companies that pay nothing like this. I think some people employed by TfL and London Underground need to realise how good their pay is. And this is no "race to the bottom" argument; everyone should be paid well, but ultimately it is a very good salary respectively.

It’s worth making the point that LU station supervisors are operationally trained, which I don’t think it generally the case on mainline. They remain responsible for implementing and carrying out safety-critical operating procedures, so an element of the pay reflects that. Hence a certain standard is required which, putting it bluntly, many “security” types simply won’t be able to meet.


I would say the "absolute loneliness and isolation" is somewhat overblown - sure it might be quieter, but these are all stations within the London Underground framework, not some desolate halt in a far flung part of the country. Some context is needed.

I suspect what is meant by isolation and loneliness is that these staff will be working alone in locations which are potentially quite challenging, and having to deal with some quite difficult situations completely on their own.

Stuff like walking into a waiting room whilst doing a station check and being set upon for disturbing the local drug gang, getting smacked over the head preventing a woman from being sexually assaulted, or being threatened with a knife because someone’s Oyster card got an unresolved journey. All examples of real situations that have happened.
 

MadmaxX19

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2021
Messages
9
Location
London
I’ve read mostly about the cons of the CSS2 role; however, in my opinion, I don’t see it as particularly challenging.
My question is: how quickly can a CSA2 move into a CSS2 career path? Is it achievable within 2.5 years?
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
I’ve read mostly about the cons of the CSS2 role; however, in my opinion, I don’t see it as particularly challenging.
My question is: how quickly can a CSA2 move into a CSS2 career path? Is it achievable within 2.5 years?
Oh absolutely I have a friend who after one year is css2

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I’ve read mostly about the cons of the CSS2 role; however, in my opinion, I don’t see it as particularly challenging.
My question is: how quickly can a CSA2 move into a CSS2 career path? Is it achievable within 2.5 years?
The reasons the cons are so out there is because is your skipping the entry level role where you learn the fundamentals because even tho you get 9 weeks intense training there’s no guarantee your going to remember everything I just think this external campaign is very risky and people should be weary that it’s not as easy as you think don’t take it from me this is from a freind who works in the station and is a manager because you will be by your self and your going to be heavily scrutinised when something goes wrong and don’t think you can fall back onto a lesser role like Csa after because it’s the door on the way out you’ll be shown respectfully
 
Last edited:

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
None of it was hard from what I remember,

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

didn’t you do it yet?
Am doing it in the next 10 mins

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just completed the assessment I thought it was easy however I noticed the way the secure fit questions worked as it reflected a LUL supervisor
 
Last edited:

zcarrey

Member
Joined
28 Jun 2024
Messages
46
Location
london
Got my link to do the tests, I've done the call centre dilemmas before but never the securefit....anyone got any tips or any ideas what it's about? I'm a little nervous, I really want to secure this role

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Got my link to do the tests, I've done the call centre dilemmas before but never the securefit....anyone got any tips or any ideas what it's about? I'm a little nervous, I really want to secure this role
Anyone?
 
Last edited:

krucin

New Member
Joined
3 Jul 2024
Messages
2
Location
London
Got my link to do the tests, I've done the call centre dilemmas before but never the securefit....anyone got any tips or any ideas what it's about? I'm a little nervous, I really want to secure this role

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Anyone?
If you haven't yet completed it or for anyone that does in the future, the SecureFit gives you different behavioural/personality statements and you rate how you fit on the scale. Don't overthink each statement as they look for honesty and not always the "perfect" answer you think. Being on the extreme scale like "Strongly Agree" or "Very Likely" for every single statement won't work in your favour so be realistic for more measurable results. Try not to contradict yourself. Some statements can have the same idea behind them but be worded differently to see if you are consistent with your answers. There are also some scenarios included where you rate the effectiveness of each action. For those, I would say to demonstrate that you can prioritise safety, be proactive and remain calm. The kind of skills you would expect for the role.
 

zcarrey

Member
Joined
28 Jun 2024
Messages
46
Location
london
Finally completed it(with 1 day to spare lol), anyone else got response for an outcome on their online test?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

If you haven't yet completed it or for anyone that does in the future, the SecureFit gives you different behavioural/personality statements and you rate how you fit on the scale. Don't overthink each statement as they look for honesty and not always the "perfect" answer you think. Being on the extreme scale like "Strongly Agree" or "Very Likely" for every single statement won't work in your favour so be realistic for more measurable results. Try not to contradict yourself. Some statements can have the same idea behind them but be worded differently to see if you are consistent with your answers. There are also some scenarios included where you rate the effectiveness of each action. For those, I would say to demonstrate that you can prioritise safety, be proactive and remain calm. The kind of skills you would expect for the role.
Thank you, yeah I definitely was over thinking it
 

aimee723

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2025
Messages
40
Location
Hoddesdon
I called today about when will I hear an outcome after doing the assessment and she said early next week
 

aimee723

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2025
Messages
40
Location
Hoddesdon
Not yet. Have you?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Have you done the first assessment? Roleplay for supervisor?
 

brosica

New Member
Joined
15 Oct 2025
Messages
2
Location
London
Anyone receive a invite to ac2
Yeah I have, however whenever I try to book a date for the interview it says “You are unable to see internal vacancies because your account is not marked as internal”. Anyone else?
 

NewbieTrain

New Member
Joined
14 Feb 2025
Messages
3
Location
Letchworth
Yes I have mine for next week
Hi congrats on getting to the next stage i have mine in a few weeks. Would love to know how it goes? wish you the best of luck

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Book it sooner rather than later, slots are limited.
Do you think they have less spots than they sent out then?
 

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,010
Location
London
Do you think they have less spots than they sent out then?

I think they were more implying that you may have a poor selection of available slots that are suitable for you as time goes on.
 

Top