It’s been around a week since mine, is now too early to call?i did alot of chasing. so I did OH in may and I start this month.
It’s been around a week since mine, is now too early to call?i did alot of chasing. so I did OH in may and I start this month.
i think it’s worth a try, for sureIt’s been around a week since mine, is now too early to call?
Don’t feel bad about calling them it’s their job lolIt’s been around a week since mine, is now too early to call?
Good luck. I was trying to find more info on the national rail 75% that TfL subs. Does that count as benefit in kind? Do employees get taxed on that?
Actually, it depends which part of the scheme you are using. The GTR/LNER scheme works differently. It also depends if you are using the reimbursement scheme or getting a loan.You get taxed on it so it ends up coming in at ~40%
i have heard it varies within the groups (but i’ll let you know next week). I’ve also noticed that new starters who have been out in zone 2 often pick up csa 1 duties straight away, although don’t hold me to it, it’s just something i’ve noticed amongst everyone i know.Question for the recent starters: when you were in training, did you notice if there's a particular pattern of stations being assigned? EG, your whole group getting zone 1 etc? Or was it more like everyone's stations were close to where they live?
Interesting...and yes please let me know, I'm (finally) starting next month and boy, I can't waiti have heard it varies within the groups (but i’ll let you know next week). I’ve also noticed that new starters who have been out in zone 2 often pick up csa 1 duties straight away, although don’t hold me to it, it’s just something i’ve noticed amongst everyone i know.
oh you have a date!!!! exciting!!!Interesting...and yes please let me know, I'm (finally) starting next month and boy, I can't wait
Finally! It took a while, but I'll be starting next month!oh you have a date!!!! exciting!!!
Usually in the first weekFinally! It took a while, but I'll be starting next month!
Also, do let me know about how the stations are given out when you've got some time, please. PM me, if you'd like
Called this morning and they said that they probably won’t get to me till December.i think it’s worth a try, for sure
I did my AC2 towards the end of October, received my conditional offer on 7th November and started training on 18th May.just out of curiosity, has anyone ever had a more sensible start date than the usual thing that comes up here where people wait for like 18-24 months?
Like has anyone done their AC2 successfully and been given a start date that was weeks away?
When did you apply?I did my AC2 towards the end of October, received my conditional offer on 7th November and started training on 18th May.
just out of curiosity, has anyone ever had a more sensible start date than the usual thing that comes up here where people wait for like 18-24 months?
Like has anyone done their AC2 successfully and been given a start date that was weeks away?
My initial application was in July 2025When did you apply?
still abit steep but I guess 10 months is manageable...it's all very glacialMy initial application was in July 2025
I was told to expect to wait for a year from the conditional offer and anything sooner would be a bonus, so 6 months was a result for me. I’ve heard that some people were as quick as 3 months although others have been a lot longer. And CSA NT can wait for 2 years.still abit steep but I guess 10 months is manageable...it's all very glacial
You starting training on the 28th?? That's the date I've been given.Hey man,
One of the things anybody who’s applied and been successful will tell you is that it’s a long wait and if you have a job already, you should keep that going until then. I start this month and I got the role at the tail end of last year.
The way how TfL see it is that you’re applying to be on a waitlist, rather than applying to start immediately.
I’m starting 28th. It’s been a long wait, so I’m excited and nervous at the same time lol.Anyone starting their training monday 28th September?
I haven't got a clue how to use this lol Ive been trying to dm you. Maybe you send me a dm if you canI’m starting 28th. It’s been a long wait, so I’m excited and nervous at the same time lol.
Feel free to message me privately, and let’s connect
I’ve dropped you a dmI haven't got a clue how to use this lol Ive been trying to dm you. Maybe you send me a dm if you can
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I haven't got a clue how to use this lol Ive been trying to dm you. Maybe you send me a dm if you can
I’ve heard the second week assessment is very hard in comparison to the fire safety and tickets, is this true? And if so, why?Hi, Ive just finished my 4th and final week which was TSM.
The first 2 weeks were at Ashfield House.
Week 1
Day 1 was an introductory day, you're given an ipad which you will need, Nick will give a little talk about what to expect from LU and what they expect from you.
Reps from the unions will tell you bit about what they offer, my advice would be to join a union but its up to you, no one will pressure you.
The uniform may or may not be there on day 1 (there can be a lot of it if you have ticked all the boxes).
We were given our staff passes and oyster cards on day 2, and also told our station groups. Nick explained that they no longer allow swaps as some people feel pressured to swap. Pretty much everyone was happy with what they got.
Week one is all about fire and safety, listen and take notes because you will be tested.
There are handy modules on the ipad, plus workbooks sent to you by email. My advice, have a bit of down time when you get home, then spend a couple of hours cementing what you have learnt during the day, and ideally scan the workbooks for what will come up the following day.
Week 2
Again at AH, all about rules and procedures, again you will build to an assessment so pay attention. We also did some training at stations, including SATS, gate line and escalators.
Week 3
Live learning from Monday to Thursday at your station(s). Our week was a little disjointed because of the strikes but it was great to actually be on the station.
Friday back to AH for first aid training (you can do this is civvies so a good time to go for a post work drink with your classmates)
My class was brilliant and I have made friends for life, not sure if all classes are like that.
Week 4
TSM training back at AH, only 12 from our class of 16 got to do it as they have a cap on numbers.
The 12 of us got split into 2 groups of 6. Personally I found this week the most challenging but happy to say I passed the final assessment. Again pay attention and be prepared to do some homework.
You'll spend 1 day with one of your classmates in a secure suite (with a trainer) at a station dealing with real issues.
Final assessment on Friday which was yesterday for me, happy to say I passed.
We had such a good time the previous Friday that quite a few of us went out again together.
All of the trainers we had were brilliant, they take time to explain everything, they keep the atmosphere light but everything they teach is for a reason. They have seen thousands of us come through the door so know what they are doing. Be engaging, get involved but don't try and be the star of classroom.
I honestly can't thank the trainers enough, if only my teachers at school had been like that!