• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 / CSA2 - Recruitment and Discussion

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Someone who recently started the role posted in the forums (sorry, I've forgotten who) saying that they're close to home, but it's not their closest station. There is an effort made to make it close to you, but it isn't a guarantee because, as we all have seen, the requirement is that you can travel to wherever on the network.


In other news, when I called recently, I was told that they are slowly making their way through the late end of last year's offers, so whoever did get offered around that time, brace yourself for a start date coming soon!
I do feel like it’s unfair for example if someone lives out in Hounslow and they get a station all the way in Dagenham in the east of London I don’t think they should expect that person to become on time for their shift every time it’s gonna be a bit of a struggle
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
When Will There Be New CSA1/2 Jobs
Maybe the end of this year I’m presuming it’ll be a long wait since there’s still so many people to go onto training and what not so I don’t think they’re requirement for Csa 2 will be needed for sometime now
 

Sterlingldn

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2024
Messages
56
Location
Finsbury park
I remember being on this forum almost everyday last year for 10 months looking for updates, now I’m 7 months in, permanent and go CSA1 next month
 

jimmycconway

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2025
Messages
31
Location
London
I remember being on this forum almost everyday last year for 10 months looking for updates, now I’m 7 months in, permanent and go CSA1 next month
Yes mate well done! How have you found it? How do the shifts go for you?
I do feel like it’s unfair for example if someone lives out in Hounslow and they get a station all the way in Dagenham in the east of London I don’t think they should expect that person to become on time for their shift every time it’s gonna be a bit of a struggle
While I guess it may be on a case-by-case basis in terms of who gets what station, I do feel like you've pretty much agreed to be placed wherever as that is what was on the original job posting. If I lived in Ruislip for example, I doubt they'd throw me all the way to Epping, but at the same time, that's what I agreed to when applying.
 

Sterlingldn

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2024
Messages
56
Location
Finsbury park
smashed it!! i hope this is a lot of us this time next year!!!
The waiting is the hardest part of it all, but once you start training time will fly. If anyone gets the LSQ group let me know :)

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Yes mate well done! How have you found it? How do the shifts go for you?

While I guess it may be on a case-by-case basis in terms of who gets what station, I do feel like you've pretty much agreed to be placed wherever as that is what was on the original job posting. If I lived in Ruislip for example, I doubt they'd throw me all the way to Epping, but at the same time, that's what I agreed to when applying.

Yes mate well done! How have you found it? How do the shifts go for you?

While I guess it may be on a case-by-case basis in terms of who gets what station, I do feel like you've pretty much agreed to be placed wherever as that is what was on the original job posting. If I lived in Ruislip for example, I doubt they'd throw me all the way to Epping, but at the same time, that's what I agreed to when applying.
It’s been going well tbh, there’s a lot to learn but the classrooms only do so much, you take it all in once you’re in your station, and learn more if you work at a busy station like mine. My station has a lot of ‘extreme shifts’ compared to others but I’ve got used to it and utilise my rest days. Also touching on your reply regarding stations, at training they try to consider your journey and give you stations nearer to you. Everyone was happy with their station at my training but you do have the option to swap with someone if they’re happy to.
 
Last edited:

heretohelp

Member
Joined
13 Nov 2024
Messages
43
Location
moorgate
The waiting is the hardest part of it all, but once you start training time will fly. If anyone gets the LSQ group let me know :)

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==




It’s been going well tbh, there’s a lot to learn but the classrooms only do so much, you take it all in once you’re in your station, and learn more if you work at a busy station like mine. My station has a lot of ‘extreme shifts’ compared to others but I’ve got used to it and utilise my rest days. Also touching on your reply regarding stations, at training they try to consider your journey and give you stations nearer to you. Everyone was happy with their station at my training but you do have the option to swap with someone if they’re happy to.

Apparently the swapping has been stopped, not sure if this is a temporary move but we shall see if anyone updates us when they are in live training without revealing too much
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Apparently the swapping has been stopped, not sure if this is a temporary move but we shall see if anyone updates us when they are in live training without revealing too much
I start next week so I’ll let you guys know

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I remember being on this forum almost everyday last year for 10 months looking for updates, now I’m 7 months in, permanent and go CSA1 next month
Hahaha that’s literally me and half of the forum here in like 10 months lol
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,288
I do feel like it’s unfair for example if someone lives out in Hounslow and they get a station all the way in Dagenham in the east of London I don’t think they should expect that person to become on time for their shift every time it’s gonna be a bit of a struggle
Unfortunately, LU do expect staff to be on time wherever they travel in from because the result of lateness is so impactful on the service LU operates.

Without getting too technical, lots of stations have a required 'minimum number' of staff to be on-site before the station can open (or remain open).

So a single CSA who doesn't make it on time can cause the station to remain closed at start of traffic, which requires calls to be made to tell the trains to non-stop the station, which generates a report, and a report gets investigated - ultimately repeated lateness can lead to disciplinary action. (It goes without saying that you must try and avoid any lateness or absence during your probation period.)

TfL has published an FOI PDF of their Attendance at Work Policy. The whole thing is worth a read, but Section 5.6 covers lateness.
Where a pattern of lateness has been identified or you have been late on:

• three occasions in any 26 weeks or

• five occasions in any 52 weeks.

Disciplinary action may be taken under the Discipline at work policy and procedure.
 

PizzaKing52

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2019
Messages
26
I ONCE AGAIN FAILED to succeed in getting this role and I will NEVER enjoy riding on the Underground again because of this, especially with the horrible delay of new Piccadilly Line trains entering service.

This is a dream job I wanted more than anything else and because of this pathetic and inexcusable rejection, I will be heartbroken and upset for the rest of my life!
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,288
I ONCE AGAIN FAILED to succeed in getting this role and I will NEVER enjoy riding on the Underground again because of this, especially with the horrible delay of new Piccadilly Line trains entering service.

This is a dream job I wanted more than anything else and because of this pathetic and inexcusable rejection, I will be heartbroken and upset for the rest of my life!
Oh dear. It's disappointing when things don't go the way we hope. What makes the rejection inexcusable? Can you think of anything in your personality that would make you a bad fit for dealing with the public and/or safety critical work...
 

goldensun12

New Member
Joined
30 Mar 2026
Messages
1
Location
Lo
When do we receive training details, including the location and time? I am scheduled to start on 6th April next Monday.
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
When do we receive training details, including the location and time? I am scheduled to start on 6th April next Monday.
Maybe by Friday

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I ONCE AGAIN FAILED to succeed in getting this role and I will NEVER enjoy riding on the Underground again because of this, especially with the horrible delay of new Piccadilly Line trains entering service.

This is a dream job I wanted more than anything else and because of this pathetic and inexcusable rejection, I will be heartbroken and upset for the rest of my life!
Don’t give up I’ve felt the same way about it before I got rejected 3 times now I am starting next week and can’t for my career for life on the underground always have motivation
 

Sterlingldn

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2024
Messages
56
Location
Finsbury park
I ONCE AGAIN FAILED to succeed in getting this role and I will NEVER enjoy riding on the Underground again because of this, especially with the horrible delay of new Piccadilly Line trains entering service.

This is a dream job I wanted more than anything else and because of this pathetic and inexcusable rejection, I will be heartbroken and upset for the rest of my life!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

With all due respect, you are not the first to fail and certainly not the last. If you get knocked down twice you get back up three times. Other than that If this is the role you really want to go for you’ll need to change your attitude towards rejection.
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

With all due respect, you are not the first to fail and certainly not the last. If you get knocked down twice you get back up three times. Other than that If this is the role you really want to go for you’ll need to change your attitude towards rejection.
Facts
 

toobusy31

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2025
Messages
24
Location
london
Oh dear. It's disappointing when things don't go the way we hope. What makes the rejection inexcusable? Can you think of anything in your personality that would make you a bad fit for dealing with the public and/or safety critical work...

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

 

jimmycconway

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2025
Messages
31
Location
London
I ONCE AGAIN FAILED to succeed in getting this role and I will NEVER enjoy riding on the Underground again because of this, especially with the horrible delay of new Piccadilly Line trains entering service.

This is a dream job I wanted more than anything else and because of this pathetic and inexcusable rejection, I will be heartbroken and upset for the rest of my life!
A few members of the forum have said something to you now but while I'm sure we're all sorry to hear that you've not been successful, to say what you've said after is ridiculous. Life is filled with hurdles and this is just one to overcome.

If it is your dream job, you'll keep trying and work on what could've gone wrong. There are people in this forum that were successful after three or four times and others that are still going for promotions that they attempted but failed to get in the past.

Drop the petulance, take accountability, dust yourself off, believe in your ability and get right back at it!
 

GoldenChef

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2025
Messages
120
Location
East London
i think what really helped this time (since i failed the roleplay pretty much instantly the first time round lol) was to look at myself critically and adapt to what is actually required of the role. i do believe there are key words that they look for or at least an aptitude thats needed, that they pick up on.

in this instance, self reflection and also preparing for what i was going into played a big part in how i went about it this time.
 

heretohelp

Member
Joined
13 Nov 2024
Messages
43
Location
moorgate
I ONCE AGAIN FAILED to succeed in getting this role and I will NEVER enjoy riding on the Underground again because of this, especially with the horrible delay of new Piccadilly Line trains entering service.

This is a dream job I wanted more than anything else and because of this pathetic and inexcusable rejection, I will be heartbroken and upset for the rest of my life!

It took me 2 failed attempts before I got it on my 3rd time, and a colleague of mine got it on her 5th attempt, as the age old saying goes, “if at first you don’t succeed try and TRY again”

next time you’ll smash it


i think what really helped this time (since i failed the roleplay pretty much instantly the first time round lol) was to look at myself critically and adapt to what is actually required of the role. i do believe there are key words that they look for or at least an aptitude thats needed, that they pick up on.

in this instance, self reflection and also preparing for what i was going into played a big part in how i went about it this time.

Couldn’t agree more
 

GoldenChef

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2025
Messages
120
Location
East London
not sure if this is the right thread but was curious if anyone knew about the salary sacrifice cars via tusker? more specifically, what options are available for csa 2/1?
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,288
Loads of my colleagues have done it, although I haven't myself. All TfL staff are eligible, and quotes are personal to each person due to salary, and insurance quotes due to age and address etc.

I know Tusker isn't the cheapest of the Sal Sac schemes, and sometimes going direct to the manufacturer works out better - especially true for people on basic rate tax (up to £50.270). The tax benefits are better for higher rate tax payers.

If there is anything specific you wanted to know? I can check the scheme paperwork for you.
 
Last edited:

GoldenChef

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2025
Messages
120
Location
East London
Loads of my colleagues have done it, although I haven't myself. All TfL staff are eligible, and quotes are personal to each person due to salary, and insurance quotes due to age and address etc.

I know Tusker isn't the cheapest of the Sal Sac schemes, and sometimes going direct to the manufacturer works out better - especially true for people on basic rate tax (up to £50.270). The tax benefits are better for higher rate tax payers.

If there is anything specific you wanted to know? I can check the scheme paperwork for you.
thank you!!
I just wanted to know what options there are and what it’s based on, my brother had said it’s based in salary and he thinks I would only be limited to the mini, but he’s not completely sure because he is part time srt csa.

Also, wasn’t aware there’s more than one scheme available!
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,288
I would only be limited to the mini, but he’s not completely sure because he is part time srt csa.
It is based on salary because I don't think they let you sacrifice lower than minimum wage. Certainly there will be some restrictions and maybe will limit the amount of vehicles available. Your brother can find the same paperwork as me on MyTfL or Sharepoint.
Also, wasn’t aware there’s more than one scheme available!
TfL only has one scheme provider (Tusker), but there are dozens of Sal Sac schemes within different companies/industries.
 

GoldenChef

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2025
Messages
120
Location
East London
It is based on salary because I don't think they let you sacrifice lower than minimum wage. Certainly there will be some restrictions and maybe will limit the amount of vehicles available. Your brother can find the same paperwork as me on MyTfL or Sharepoint.

TfL only has one scheme provider (Tusker), but there are dozens of Sal Sac schemes within different companies/industries.
Yes, I’ll get him to check on his iPad when I see him next. I just read it’s a taxable benefit, like my company car that I have now, which I already take a big hit for at the moment lol
 

IBF

New Member
Joined
30 Jan 2026
Messages
3
Location
London
Does anyone know how many weeks after completing your screening you get booked in for OH? My offer was mid December with my reed screening completed within 3 weeks.

I’ve called up multiple times but I’ve been told to wait for an email and that they’re still working their way through oct/nov batch
 

markazz

Member
Joined
8 Nov 2025
Messages
65
Location
Highbury
Does anyone know how many weeks after completing your screening you get booked in for OH? My offer was mid December with my reed screening completed within 3 weeks.

I’ve called up multiple times but I’ve been told to wait for an email and that they’re still working their way through oct/nov batch
I don't think it is a set timeframe, it depends on how many conditional offers went out on a certain date. If it helps I was roughly a month between Reed screening completion and my OH, but it also took 2 months from conditional offer to start the Reed screening for me which then took another month so 3 months in total, whereas your offer to Reed completion was 3 weeks.

Sounds like Reed Screening is catching up which would suggest that they have got through the 'bulge' of offers.

Be patient, it will happen. Every time someone calls it slows the On Boarding team down.
 

IBF

New Member
Joined
30 Jan 2026
Messages
3
Location
London
I don't think it is a set timeframe, it depends on how many conditional offers went out on a certain date. If it helps I was roughly a month between Reed screening completion and my OH, but it also took 2 months from conditional offer to start the Reed screening for me which then took another month so 3 months in total, whereas your offer to Reed completion was 3 weeks.

Sounds like Reed Screening is catching up which would suggest that they have got through the 'bulge' of offers.

Be patient, it will happen. Every time someone calls it slows the On Boarding team down.
My bad I meant my offer to reed screening was just over 3 months but the screening was completed in 3 weeks.

Thanks, I appreciate the response
 

Top