• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 / CSA2 - Recruitment and Discussion

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
Got my CSA2 offer at the end of Sept 2024 in their campaign last year, but still waiting on a training date. I rang TfL recently and they said people with Aug/early Sept offers are on the Oct courses, which matches what others have posted here, so I thought mine might be soon too.



I’ve just found out I’m pregnant (happy but unexpected news!) — only concern is if they push me to Jan/Feb 2026, I might struggle with the full 3 months’ training. Should I let TfL know so they might prioritise me, or hold off? Would really appreciate any advice. I've been so excited to join and I'm a bit worried now :/
I need to be very clear that this does not constitute official advice - both to cover me as a TU rep but also for you.

Maternity leave is a ‘day one right’ - so it shouldn’t be a problem, even if you’re pregnant starting the role. Without knowing the exact circumstances or details it’s hard to explain more, but that’s the headline.

Training for CSA2 is four weeks in the classroom and a a variable amount of time on your station until fully productive. Probation can then be up to a year, but is usually nearer to six months.

Honestly, I don’t think this will be a problem - you should be getting a start date fairly soon and there’s plenty of time to complete basic training. Equally, there are plenty of staff who have had to interrupt training due to pregnancy, and there are various statutory rights here.

The key thing - as always - is to inform TfL as soon as possible to cover you, and I would strongly recommend joining a Trade Union as soon as possible - once you are a member a rep can provide firmer advice on a one-to-one, tailored basis.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

james331

Member
Joined
22 Sep 2024
Messages
7
Location
london
I need to be very clear that this does not constitute official advice - both to cover me as a TU rep but also for you.

Maternity leave is a ‘day one right’ - so it shouldn’t be a problem, even if you’re pregnant starting the role. Without knowing the exact circumstances or details it’s hard to explain more, but that’s the headline.

Training for CSA2 is four weeks in the classroom and a a variable amount of time on your station until fully productive. Probation can then be up to a year, but is usually nearer to six months.

Honestly, I don’t think this will be a problem - you should be getting a start date fairly soon and there’s plenty of time to complete basic training. Equally, there are plenty of staff who have had to interrupt training due to pregnancy, and there are various statutory rights here.

The key thing - as always - is to inform TfL as soon as possible to cover you, and I would strongly recommend joining a Trade Union as soon as possible - once you are a member a rep can provide firmer advice on a one-to-one, tailored basis.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your insight. I called earlier this month and was told there are sessions in mid/late Nov and one in Dec, but as my offer only came at the end of Sept 2024 they’re still working through applicants from early/mid-Sept. I found out this week that I'm pregnant, I’m worried my date might slip to Feb, which could clash with my May due date.


Do you mean I should to tell TfL now, before I even have a training date secured and started, or wait until I actually start?
 

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
Only you can decide that last point, and you shouldn’t necessarily believe what a random individual on the Internet writes. You may wish to seek external advice such as Citizen’s Advice, or there may be other services available via your current employer (eg a trade union).

Sorry.
 

james331

Member
Joined
22 Sep 2024
Messages
7
Location
london
Only you can decide that last point, and you shouldn’t necessarily believe what a random individual on the Internet writes. You may wish to seek external advice such as Citizen’s Advice, or there may be other services available via your current employer (eg a trade union).

Sorry.
I understand, nevertheless thank you.
 

gjeffery68

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2024
Messages
53
Location
london
When were you informed about your training dates, and how long is training? I'm super worried my role is at stake here and don't know what steps to take.
Hi mate i passed my assesment 17th last year.September and they called me for a start date last month (roughly a month before) and i wouldn’t worry there probably just busy and have other people that need to start before you. You will get a date and as much as it’s annoying patience is key.
 

Ferreira91

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2024
Messages
38
Location
London
Has anyone received the outcome of the role play/SBI yet? I’m still waiting, my submission on the job page was updated on the 23rd but no email.
 

Ferreira91

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2024
Messages
38
Location
London
Well done. Am I right in thinking you were not successful last year? Could you pinpoint what you did differently for this campaign?
Yes, last campaign I didn’t pass the role play stage, they gave me a feedback and said I should’ve asked more questions. So this time I just asked a lot of questions to the actor.

I thought you were already working for the LU though?
 
Last edited:

koalakitten

Member
Joined
23 Aug 2025
Messages
24
Location
Watford
How did you get the feedback. I was told due to how confidential bla bla we cant give any feedback.
Yes, last campaign I didn’t pass the role play stage, they gave me a feedback and said I should’ve asked more questions. So this time I just asked a lot of questions to the actor.

I thought you were already working for the LU though?
 

aimee723

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2025
Messages
40
Location
Hoddesdon
Yes, last campaign I didn’t pass the role play stage, they gave me a feedback and said I should’ve asked more questions. So this time I just asked a lot of questions to the actor.

I thought you were already working for the LU though

Yes, last campaign I didn’t pass the role play stage, they gave me a feedback and said I should’ve asked more questions. So this time I just asked a lot of questions to the actor.

I thought you were already working for the LU though?
Thank you that’s good to know.
Ive just got bk from doing my assessments (maps etc) hoping to get through to role play.

If anyone got put back because of the strikes I managed to get a cancellation by re-arranging my appt and checking all the time. Should have been end of October
 

Ferreira91

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2024
Messages
38
Location
London
How did you get the feedback. I was told due to how confidential bla bla we cant give any feedback.
She sat down with me and told me I didn’t pass the role play, told me that the assessors feedback was that I should have asked more questions to solve the “issue” (lost property). She also mentioned I should try again in the next campaign, so I took that to mean it was close but not quite there.
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
She sat down with me and told me I didn’t pass the role play, told me that the assessors feedback was that I should have asked more questions to solve the “issue” (lost property). She also mentioned I should try again in the next campaign, so I took that to mean it was close but not quite there.
What questions did she say you could of asked ?
 

AM107

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2025
Messages
52
Location
London
Thank you that’s good to know.
Ive just got bk from doing my assessments (maps etc) hoping to get through to role play.

If anyone got put back because of the strikes I managed to get a cancellation by re-arranging my appt and checking all the time. Should have been end of October
Same I did my maps assessment yesterday too. Hoping to pass I heard it’s 70-80% pass mark. I was not taught about the bank cards not having contactless etc so I just marked all of them as being valid… Oh well I could still be in the pass mark hopefully
 

aimee723

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2025
Messages
40
Location
Hoddesdon
Same I did my maps assessment yesterday too. Hoping to pass I heard it’s 70-80% pass mark. I was not taught about the bank cards not having contactless etc so I just marked all of them as being valid… Oh well I could still be in the pass mark hopefully
Oh really. What time was urs? Mine was 3pm. I was unsure about those too. Got confused with the overseas card
 

itsm4

Member
Joined
18 Dec 2024
Messages
17
Location
London
Any early Sept 2024 CSA1 Night Tube offers here that are still waiting (for a training date)? [yep I know it’s gonna take ages]

I remember seeing someone else here in the same boat and curious to see what’s up with you guys as my transfer to full time won’t happen
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Same I did my maps assessment yesterday too. Hoping to pass I heard it’s 70-80% pass mark. I was not taught about the bank cards not having contactless etc so I just marked all of them as being valid… Oh well I could still be in the pass mark hopefully
What do you mean bank cards
 

19881

Member
Joined
18 Sep 2025
Messages
16
Location
london
Hi once you fill out and send back the initial onboarding documents , how long is it usually before you get sent the Reed link ?
 

Top