NightStar
Member
http://cs.trains.com/trn/f/111/t/218723.aspx?sort=ASC&pi332=2
Hmm, And I thought my old favourite the transatlantic tunnel was far fetched! :roll:
Robert
tomikawaTT said:If you want to reach China from Japan, the logical route would be rather farther to the south. Of course, there are two minor obstacles in the way, a rather wide strait and North Korea.
I know we all love railroads, but sometimes they AREN'T the best way to move people (TWO WEEKS, for a 15 hour flight?) or things (one containership =500 wells.) With LNG tankers available, even the Russia-Japan pipeline would be economically questionable.
As for the <$7 billion, that MIGHT pay for the preliminary survey - in a tectonically active area where winter comes but once a year (and stays for seven< months.)
Not to be overly skeptical, but I suspect humans will be mining asteroids and launching interstellar probes before there's a direct rail connection from London to Tokyo.
Hmm, And I thought my old favourite the transatlantic tunnel was far fetched! :roll:
Robert
500 wells.) With LNG tankers available, even the Russia-Japan pipeline would be economically questionable.