• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Manchester - Valid via Birmingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1e10

Member
Joined
13 Jun 2013
Messages
815
Hi all,

I have a £57.35 (16-25 Railcard discount) off-peak return Manchester Stations - London Terminals valid via any permitted route with restriction code 2C.

Looking at the routing guide, I believe this ticket is valid for travel via Birmingham. The routing guide has the following routing points for London groups to Manchester groups.

GC+BM amongst others

I don't have the need to make the return London -> Manchester but bought the ticket anyway since it's only about a quid more expensive. I could however make use of the return portion between Birmingham New Street and Manchester Piccadilly on a CrossCountry service.

Am I correct?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
5,630
Location
Birmingham
Yes, that’s a valid route.

Note that the ticket restriction includes the following:
National Rail said:
For journeys to/via Birmingham on Cross Country see restriction code 2V

...which states
National Rail said:
Not valid for trains scheduled to depart after 04:29 and before 09:30.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top