Shrop
Established Member
- Joined
- 6 Aug 2019
- Messages
- 1,357
Mrs Shrop and I had a lovely day in Llandudno last week, taking the train from Shropshire but once again leaving me with a question. As we stopped in Llandudno Junction at 10.53 I was aware that there was a train from London just a few minutes behind us, due in at 10.59. We duly departed before the London train arrived, and out of interest I wondered how long anyone from London would have to wait for the next train to Llandudno. I was surprised to see that there were no trains after 10.59, until 12.38!
Given that our 10.53 train arrives Llandudno at 11.02 and then has 40 minutes to wait until its departure time of 11.42, I did wonder if there was any merit in holding it at Llandudno Junction for just a few minutes for the ex London train to arrive? Are passenger numbers from London to Llandudno so small these days for this not to be worthwhile? And if so, then perhaps the numbers are small precisely because passengers leaving London at the apparently sensible time of 8.00am for such a journey, just don’t think it’s worthwhile taking the train with such a long enforced wait when they’re so close to their intended destination? It would be interesting to know what people think …
Given that our 10.53 train arrives Llandudno at 11.02 and then has 40 minutes to wait until its departure time of 11.42, I did wonder if there was any merit in holding it at Llandudno Junction for just a few minutes for the ex London train to arrive? Are passenger numbers from London to Llandudno so small these days for this not to be worthwhile? And if so, then perhaps the numbers are small precisely because passengers leaving London at the apparently sensible time of 8.00am for such a journey, just don’t think it’s worthwhile taking the train with such a long enforced wait when they’re so close to their intended destination? It would be interesting to know what people think …