• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Liverpool 2/7/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

dojo

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2008
Messages
34
Location
London
Hi :)

I'm wanting to get to Lime Street by 5pm-ish this coming Thursday with a 16-25 railcard and would like some wisdom on finding uber cheap tickets.

I think I missed my chance for a cheap ticket direct between EUS-LIV but so far I've found splitting at Stafford to give me a price of around £12 on LM services (which I'd love to avoid). Anyone reckon I could whittle it down further? Journey length is no issue for me, so if there's some crazy route out of KGX via Ely, I'm all ears.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mathmo

Member
Joined
28 Nov 2008
Messages
338
www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com is currently offering me some £8.60 tickets for London-Liverpool this Thursday. It doesn't show them initially, but enter your journey details and search, then click "Show slower routes" on the left-hand side and tick all the boxes except the top one. You should get £8.60 on the 13:07 (direct!), 13:40 and 14:10.
 

tony_mac

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2009
Messages
3,626
Location
Liverpool
I think that's a glitch - if you look at the details it says 'Train Operator: London Midland' and says 'There are no more seats available' if you try and book it.

There is a £15 'Virgin mobitix' to Manchester showing as available on Thursday, but I don't think you can get a railcard discount. There's also a £6.60 ticket on the 0645 WSMR service to Wrexham if you want to make a day of it, or various £18.50 Virgin tickets to Chester.

or £3.30 for a Chiltern Service to Birmingham, plus £5.95 for the LM service to Liverpool
 
Last edited:

mathmo

Member
Joined
28 Nov 2008
Messages
338
I think that's a glitch - if you look at the details it says 'Train Operator: London Midland' and says 'There are no more seats available' if you try and book it.
Yes, I should have spotted that, sorry. They seem to have stopped being shown now (bizarre!).

or £3.30 for a Chiltern Service to Birmingham, plus £5.95 for the LM service to Liverpool
I haven't checked this, but this sounds like a good call if it's available!
 

dojo

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2008
Messages
34
Location
London
Hey thanks! Went for the Chiltern+LM option. Google Maps tells me I can make the walk between Snow Hill and New Street in 15 minutes - can anyone confirm?
 

John @ home

Established Member
Joined
1 Mar 2008
Messages
5,148
Google Maps tells me I can make the walk between Snow Hill and New Street in 15 minutes - can anyone confirm?

Yes, that's right but the walk between Moor Street and New Street is shorter.

John
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top