• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Leipzig/Berlin to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

droggit

New Member
Joined
3 Jul 2010
Messages
3
Hello! I'm so sorry to say I only joined the forum in order to benefit from your expertise!! I found a year old discussion about travelling to Leipzig and I need your help.
I'm avoiding flying for medical reasons and need to travel from London, on September 1st, after 5pm, to Leipzig, to arrive in a fit state to work, on the 2nd by about 4pm, earlier if possible. Then on the Saturday, I need to get back to London from Berlin. I've tried the various websites and I'm hopeless - it's taken me 3 goes to get this thread posted!! Any info would be most gratefully received. I can't seem to find any overnight trains at all, which would keep the cost down - I don't want to travel through the night and am pondering the cost of a hotel in Paris/Brusselles - not being too knackered is very important.
A member called Railjet seemed to know everything about it, and mentioned a fare of 49 euros - please read this Railjet!!!
Many thanks to all and sorry to hijack your forum for my own evil ends...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railjet

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2009
Messages
408
You won't get €49 fares, unfortunately, but the following is possible:

1st September
London St P 18:35
Brussels Midi 21:33

[overnight in Brussels]

2nd September
Brussels Midi 07:25
Frankfurt Hbf 10:30

Frankfurt Hbf 11:19
Leipzig Hbf 14:46

Currently available for €69 on the DB website.

Return you can do in one day, but it is more expensive:

4th September
Berlin Hbf 09:48
Cologne Hbf 14:15

Cologne Hbf 14:43
Brussels Midi 16:35

Brussels Midi 17:59
London St P 19:03

Currently available for €89.

These fares won't come up on an initial search. You have to force the overnight stop in Brussels (there is a "via" field; put in a stopover of minimum 9 hours). On the return, stick in a minimum stopover of 1 hour in Brussels, otherwise it only shows the shorter Thalys connection, on which these through fares are not available.
 

droggit

New Member
Joined
3 Jul 2010
Messages
3
Amazing!!!
Thank you SO much, Railjet, you are a veritable enclyclopaedia of knowledge. I'll get onto that right away - it sounds like a really good option. Thank you for all the time you must have spent on this.
Best wishes
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top