• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Glasgow via Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek40uk

New Member
Joined
19 May 2011
Messages
3
My boss is booked on a direct train from Birmingham International to Glasgow Central on 23/11. I wasn't aware this was possible and checked the downloadable timetables on the Virgin train site and this train doesn't exist. However the online booking engines find a train leaving Euston at 09.43 and arriving at in Glasgow at 15.24 and going via Birmingham. I would appreciate if anyone can provide re-assurance that this train exists, thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
I believe that this train (or at least one like it) regularly runs as a combined London-Birmingham, Birmingham-Scotland train, just joining the two bits. So I don't think there are any problems.

Others should be able to confirm.
 

Lrd

Established Member
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Messages
3,018
According to National Rail Enquiries there is a direct train from Birmingham International - Glasgow Central, leaving at 10:54, arriving at 15:24, and starts at London at 09:43.
 
Last edited:

Eagle

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2011
Messages
7,106
Location
Leamingrad / Blanfrancisco
I believe that this train (or at least one like it) regularly runs as a combined London-Birmingham, Birmingham-Scotland train, just joining the two bits. So I don't think there are any problems.

Others should be able to confirm.

Yep, it happens two or three times a day, mainly to swap Voyagers and Pendolinos onto and off the Birmingham–Scotland diagrams.

I don't know why the timetables insist this is a summer-weekday only occurence when it happens all year round, weekends too (for instance, the last train to London from Preston on a Sunday is an EDB–BHM–EUS run; I know because I'm booked on it next week!).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top