• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Faversham Extension (Sheerness Branch Line)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle73

On Moderation
Joined
19 Aug 2011
Messages
3,216
Location
Kent
RSC recently came out with an extension to this route. Namely the Sheerness-on-Sea branch line. This line runs a few hundred yards from my house - in fact I used to be able to see the trains from my window, before the view was blocked with new houses - so this is my "true" local route (for those that saw my other thread about this route). Kemsley (8 minutes walk from my home, and which I use often) looks quite authentic, except that the sloped footpath from platform 1 to the road is missing.

I tried to find my house, but it's not quite that detailed. :(
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon91

Member
Joined
18 Oct 2010
Messages
307
Location
Blackburn
Reckon it's worth the asking price?

I'm kinda tempted but I've already got a 466 courtesy of the sound pack and I'm not sure how long it'd keep its appeal once I've done the shuttle a few times.
 

Bungle73

On Moderation
Joined
19 Aug 2011
Messages
3,216
Location
Kent
Reckon it's worth the asking price?

I'm kinda tempted but I've already got a 466 courtesy of the sound pack and I'm not sure how long it'd keep its appeal once I've done the shuttle a few times.

Depends on how keen you are to drive that particular route. It's not very long (about 7.9 miles) and only has 4 stations (once you get onto the branch). Also bear in mind it is an extension of the London to Faversham route, so you need that as well.
 

jon91

Member
Joined
18 Oct 2010
Messages
307
Location
Blackburn
I'm after anything that makes the classic lines on London to Faversham longer, the HS1 section is too short to really generate any interest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top