Would the sleeper be worthwhile as a scenic route if my body clock was set to wake up at 4am (say because I have just flown in from Asia) and I took it in June when nights are at their shortest?
I wouldn't do it. You'd be knackered.
Would the sleeper be worthwhile as a scenic route if my body clock was set to wake up at 4am (say because I have just flown in from Asia) and I took it in June when nights are at their shortest?
Is the London-Glasgow route just as scenic or more scenic than the London-Edinburgh route?
Is the London-Glasgow route just as scenic or more scenic than the London-Edinburgh route?
Thank You
Do I understand this correctly? Anything departing from/arriving at Euston is the West Coast Line and Kings Cross is the East Coast Line
I think that the views of the cathedrals at Peterborough, York and Durham, plus the Angel of the North and the Tyne bridges at Newcastle are also worth mentioning, and the sort of features the West Coast lacks. And, happily, all these great views are on the same side of the train!The ECML is flat as a pancake as far as Darlington, although you do get a good view of the distant hills of the North Yorkshire Moors after York. The approach to Newcastle over the high bridges is interesting, and then the sea views between Alnmouth and Burnmouth (north of Berwick) are gorgeous.
Not any more, the only "quiet coach" is coach A.It's the Quiet Coach.
The last time I was on a Euston to Glasgow 11 coach a couple of weeks ago I'm sure H was still marked up as Quiet. Maybe not.Not any more, the only "quiet coach" is coach A.
To amplify the comment, the "quiet" coach designation was removed from all coach H (First Class) on all sets when the nine-car units had coach G converted to Standard Class from First Class. A year or more ago.
I booked the London Euston to Edinburgh Waverly as first class advance for £103.00 for two (with railcard discount), getting seats 12 and 15 in Coach H.
Is this the correct side to sit to get the best views?
What route should I book from Edinburgh/Glasgow back to London to get the other coast view?
Thanks You
I presume you have booked an xx43 service from Euston to Edinburgh?
but try the west side for a few minutes north of Oxenholme for a fine view across to the Lakeland mountains.