• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Bournemouth (11th May-12th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asylumxl

Established Member
Joined
12 Feb 2009
Messages
4,260
Location
Hiding in your shadow
Hi all!

I will be travelling from London to Bournemouth in the afternoon/evening of Saturday and returning Sunday evening. Does anyone know of any splits etc. that could make this journey cheaper?

I will be travelling with another person and we both have 16-25 I would prefer there t be flexibility which is why at current I am considering buying a SVR over anything else.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,470
Approximately half the services stop at Clapham Junction to pick up. If you can go there to pick up those services then the Brighton - Bournemouth Route Not Via London one is always a handy fare (valid via Clapham Junction).

To make things easier, I would get to Clapham Junction on a prior service from Waterloo than having to potentially argue whether Condition 19 applies to trains that stop to pick up only.
 

lj9090

Member
Joined
6 Mar 2012
Messages
134
Location
Bournemouth
And if you're using Oyster to get to Waterloo in the first place it's a little cheaper to continue on Oyster to Clapham anyway which'll require getting off to touch out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top