Hello,
I am pretty much completely new to the london undergrond and have only been on it once by myself and it was a pretty scary experience with everyone rushing around! I need to go on it tomorrow and I'm somewhat confused so any help would be very much appreciated! My journey is:
Bath Spa to London Paddington Rail Station
London Paddington to Kings Cross
Kings Cross to Newcastle
The journey I need help with is Paddington to Kings Cross. I understand that there are a variety of different routes I can take to get to Kings cross (or specifically St Pancras?) But I noticed rail work warnings for london paddington yesterday here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ and on the national rail website saying that no interchange can take place at london paddington. I addmittedly don't understand what that means! If anyone could help explain that would be great.
Since my tickets are all advanced singles instead of an anytime, if I missed my train from london to newcastle I'll have to pay around £70 for a new one, so its particularly important that I get there on time.
So which route should I take and how long would the journey take? Or could someone point me in the direction as to where I can find this information? If it helps I arrive at Paddington at approx 18:38 and have to be on the train at kings cross to go to newcastle at 19:30 so I have around 50mins for the tube journey. Thank you.
I am pretty much completely new to the london undergrond and have only been on it once by myself and it was a pretty scary experience with everyone rushing around! I need to go on it tomorrow and I'm somewhat confused so any help would be very much appreciated! My journey is:
Bath Spa to London Paddington Rail Station
London Paddington to Kings Cross
Kings Cross to Newcastle
The journey I need help with is Paddington to Kings Cross. I understand that there are a variety of different routes I can take to get to Kings cross (or specifically St Pancras?) But I noticed rail work warnings for london paddington yesterday here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ and on the national rail website saying that no interchange can take place at london paddington. I addmittedly don't understand what that means! If anyone could help explain that would be great.
Since my tickets are all advanced singles instead of an anytime, if I missed my train from london to newcastle I'll have to pay around £70 for a new one, so its particularly important that I get there on time.
So which route should I take and how long would the journey take? Or could someone point me in the direction as to where I can find this information? If it helps I arrive at Paddington at approx 18:38 and have to be on the train at kings cross to go to newcastle at 19:30 so I have around 50mins for the tube journey. Thank you.
Last edited: