It is still scheduled that way.Hi
I know in pre LO days th3 5:30am on Saturdays from Liverpool Street to Enfield Town went via South Tottenham. Is this still the case?
I never got why this link was electrified. Notably when the Goblin was electrified a few years ago it was all dismantled, then reinstated new.
Freight
Also helps to retain train crew route knowledge.I believe this is an example of a "parliamentary" service which runs once a week to maintain the Tottenham South Curve as a line open for passenger services. It is then available if needed for diversions.
Certainly not with electric traction. Last year London Gateway to Leeds container trains were diverted over this route for a short time. A planned Harlow Mill empty wagon return to the new aggregate terminal at Tilbury2 has been in the system for some time using this path, but has never run so far.Not much freight (if any this way now is there?
You would do it using Oyster / Contactless PAYG unless you intended to travel for the rest of the day.I must 'do' this trip. Can you buy a ticket for Liverpool Street to Seven Sisters? Or perhaps more sensible to just buy a day travelcard, which presumably on Saturdays is valid at that time of the day.
I suggest the purchase of a reliable alarm clock beforehand. Ticketing is much less of a problem. Best enjoyed in the summer.I must 'do' this trip. Can you buy a ticket for Liverpool Street to Seven Sisters? Or perhaps more sensible to just buy a day travelcard, which presumably on Saturdays is valid at that time of the day.
One of the two Broxbourne-based RHTTs also uses the link on a daily basis from October to December.Certainly not with electric traction. Last year London Gateway to Leeds container trains were diverted over this route for a short time. A planned Harlow Mill empty wagon return to the new aggregate terminal at Tilbury2 has been in the system for some time using this path, but has never run so far.
Yes, as it's a direct train between the two (it's also within 3 miles of the shortest route). A Day Travelcard would be the most sensible option if you will be doing lots of 'bashing' that day and don't want to worry about maximum journey times and resultant maximum fares, otherwise Oyster/contactless will be the cheapest option.I must 'do' this trip. Can you buy a ticket for Liverpool Street to Seven Sisters? Or perhaps more sensible to just buy a day travelcard, which presumably on Saturdays is valid at that time of the day.