Western Lord
Member
- Joined
- 17 Mar 2014
- Messages
- 1,065
I'm assuming that the Lea Valley services will operate as 8-car doubled up sets. That being said, the order is for 39 sets. 8 for GOBLIN, 1 for Romford-Upminster leaving 30 for Liverpool Street to Chingford, Enfield Town and Cheshunt via Seven Sisters. I think that Chingford and Enfield Town require 5 trains to run 4tph service (so 20 of the 30 sets if they're running paired up) but to increase Cheshunt to 4tph would require 6 trains. Presumably either Cheshunt will remain half-hourly or something is going to have to run as a single 4-car train.
There's also a site between Turkey Street and Theobolds Grove which I reckon has the letters TMD in its future... https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.688876,-0.0420929,947m/data=!3m1!1e3
Can people get their terminology right? The Lee Valley route is (Stratford)-Tottenham Hale-Cheshunt and always has been. The routes being transferred to London Overground are the Chingford branch, the Enfield branch and the line originally known as the Churchbury loop. Lee Valley services remain with the GA franchise.