No they do provide a different roll in first class.Is it the same microwaved offering as in standard?
It's not anything to write home about but it certainly does the job.
No they do provide a different roll in first class.Is it the same microwaved offering as in standard?
No they do provide a different roll in first class.
It's not anything to write home about but it certainly does the job.
EMR 1st hosts definitely have a more consistently pleasant attitude in my experience, and they are always very quick out of the trap when leaving London, and typically even make a quick refreshment round on leaving Leicester for Nottingham (the last 20-odd minutes of the journey), where LNER would have stopped service much earlier in a similar journey like Kings Cross to Leeds. And some of the LNER staff really do come across as a bit brusque or "can't be bothered".I find it hard to think of reasons why morale would be low amongst First Class Hosts at LNER - they are paid circa £15-£17 per hour (based on annual salaries on advertised vacancies) have pension schemes etc sick pay if ill (which doesn't happen in all circumstances for rail staff) complimentary travel on LNER, priv tickets too. And also given that the First Class Hosts on LNER don't have revenue obligations or take any payments I doubt they receive much hassle from customers in comparison with say a Revenue Protection Officer. It's not all of the staff that have low morale, but it's a sizable number of crews that have a can't be bothered attitude and also act as though the stock they serve to customers comes out of their wages. In comparison, the First Class Hosts on EMR have always been excellent in my finding and EMR now have more of a complimentary offering than ever before.
EMR 1st hosts definitely have a more consistently pleasant attitude in my experience, and they are always very quick out of the trap when leaving London, and typically even make a quick refreshment round on leaving Leicester for Nottingham (the last 20-odd minutes of the journey), where LNER would have stopped service much earlier in a similar journey like Kings Cross to Leeds. And some of the LNER staff really do come across as a bit brusque or "can't be bothered".
Yes, got offered service cheerfully, travelling from Leicester to Nottingham again today even though it's nearly the end of the journey from London.London LNER crews are certainty a mixed bunch. I've recently started using EMR and agree they are consistently friendly and helpful, and make multiple passes even on a Nottingham-London.
Full time catering host £28077 advertised on website now.For £17 an hour I can be very professional and courteous, always think of the money.![]()
Full LNER on the 08:00 Kings Cross to York yesterday, served silver service style. The person behind got offered a second slice of black pudding. Not me…grrrrr.
I wonder if due to the short journey time these services won’t have catering at all. No First Class menu comes up when I try to book a First Class advance via the LNER app.Does anyone know if they plan on introducing a different menu for the York-Newcastle short workings coming in to service as per the December timetable change? I looked at the First Class section of lner.co.uk but couldn't see anything. Thank you, Discuss223.
I'd hope they'd be able to serve the Deli menu at least, as most of that is served direct from the trolley. They don't need much encouragement to slimline the service offered e.g. the "Festive" menu etc.I wonder if due to the short journey time these services won’t have catering at all. No First Class menu comes up when I try to book a First Class advance via the LNER app.
I’d imagine if there is any catering it’ll be sandwiches and cold drinks only in First Class, because by the time they get started with a full service it’ll be time to finish up.
Not an empty page for me - try this link - https://www.lner.co.uk/globalassets/christmas-menu-2024-fc.pdfIs it just me getting an empty page when you click on the festive menu on the website? I was trying to find out exactly what's on it as I'm now doing a journey with lner in first from Edinburgh to the cross Saturday the 14th and basically needed to decide how substantial or otherwise my packed lunch needs to be
I know I'll get a decent amount of tea and coffee and probably a semi-decent quantity of wine or whisky but in terms of food to soak this up with....
Got given a choice between Lurpak and Flora
Completely agree.Can you ask your acquaintance what the official policy of doing an "Oliver Twist" on the Bacon Rolls is ?
To me this is the greatest outstanding issue that needs to be resolved with LNER 1st Class Catering.
Is it unreasonable to expect and be asked for your desired quantity of said item in lieu of a proper breakfast ?
Not sure if they have a twitter account (I'm not on it) but has anyone ever asked the question on there ?
"Christmas Scrooges at LNER deny traveller a 2nd Bacon Roll after he shells out £100 odd for a ticket"
Perhaps this would force their hand to publicly concede guests are welcome to ask for a second ?
Christmas Ketchup has me howlingChristmas Menu is out and with the exception of some unexplained 'Christmas Ketchup' is not Christmassy at all
11 December to 6 January.
Christmas Ketchup has me howling![]()
Can you ask your acquaintance what the official policy of doing an "Oliver Twist" on the Bacon Rolls is ?
To me this is the greatest outstanding issue that needs to be resolved with LNER 1st Class Catering.
Is it unreasonable to expect and be asked for your desired quantity of said item in lieu of a proper breakfast ?
Not sure if they have a twitter account (I'm not on it) but has anyone ever asked the question on there ?
"Christmas Scrooges at LNER deny traveller a 2nd Bacon Roll after he shells out £100 odd for a ticket"
Perhaps this would force their hand to publicly concede guests are welcome to ask for a second ?
In a restaurant, you'd be paying for what you've ordered. If you're going to pay for two of the same course, I have no doubt they'd serve it to you!Why on earth would you ask for seconds? Would you ask for two starters, or two main courses in a restaurant, for example?
In a restaurant, you'd be paying for what you've ordered. If you're going to pay for two of the same course, I have no doubt they'd serve it to you!
Of course they would. But that isn’t quite what we’re discussing in the context of LNER, because the catering offering specifically isn’t linked to the fare paid. It’s more like paying for a tasting menu/set menu in a restaurant and then asking for doubles on one of the courses.
I realise there’s no perfect comparison, and that people will try and justify why it’s acceptable to ask for more, how it’s utterly outrageous if they aren’t given it etc., so I won’t derail the thread by continuing debate it. I’ll simply observe that I’d personally be embarrassed to do so, and I’d worry I was putting the staff member concerned into an awkward position.
I don’t work for LNER, but it I was the member of staff giving out the food, I’d also deny any such request on principle!
At a two Michelin star restaurant near Milan I visited, the selection of bread was replenished if finished. I've also been offered more of a couple of courses at a one Michelin star restaurant in Vienna.Of course they would. But that isn’t quite what we’re discussing in the context of LNER, because the catering offering specifically isn’t linked to the fare paid. It’s more like paying for a tasting menu/set menu in a restaurant and then asking for doubles on one of the courses.
I can understand denying it because you think that there may not be enough, but I don't understand the principle.I don’t work for LNER, but it I was the member of staff giving out the food, I’d also deny any such request on principle!