Unlikely unless you split, the cheapest single of the top of my head is £106 and with 1/3 off with a Railcard is about £71Can you still get London for sub £50 with a railcard 1st Class from Edinburgh ?
Unlikely unless you split, the cheapest single of the top of my head is £106 and with 1/3 off with a Railcard is about £71Can you still get London for sub £50 with a railcard 1st Class from Edinburgh ?
Cheapest I have found with a rail card is £55.55 on the 1400 "Dish" serviceCan you still get London for sub £50 with a railcard 1st Class from Edinburgh ?
Really? I've always thought that it tastes of nothing....other than pure alcohol. Hence the need to flavour it with something tasty like orange juice or tonic
I guess I just don't like the taste of alcohol that much
Gin has a far nicer taste IMO.
I thought that for years and then realised it was the tonic I liked.![]()
During lockdown my wife discovered the same. Unfortunately people know she likes gin, so she's slowly developing a collection whilst she drinks less than a bottle per year. On the other hand we've currently 4 different flavours of tonic in the fridge.I thought that for years and then realised it was the tonic I liked.![]()
Perhaps she could start supplying LNER. Sounds like a win-win to meDuring lockdown my wife discovered the same. Unfortunately people know she likes gin, so she's slowly developing a collection whilst she drinks less than a bottle per year. On the other hand we've currently 4 different flavours of tonic in the fridge.
Please don't have the bacon roll. At least LNER's bacon is usually lean and crispy. On Hull Trains, on an Adelante back in 2019, I had the most foul, rancid-tasting, fatty bacon I've ever endured.I'm trying to decide between HT's bacon roll and LNER's "spinach and tomato fritatta with posh baked beans" for breakfast on a possible trip down to London in a couple of weeks.
I've had the bacon roll before but has anybody here tried the LNER offering or have any pics? Yes, I know it only came on the menu today!
Ideally I'd have the full English but LNER doesn't think I'm worth it on their direct service.
Please don't have the bacon roll. At least LNER's bacon is usually lean and crispy. On Hull Trains, on an Adelante back in 2019, I had the most foul, rancid-tasting, fatty bacon I've ever endured.
That's because the answer is self-evidently that you can ask and the crew will no doubt reply either with a flat no or possibly a more equivocal maybe if we've got some left over.Talking of Bacon Rolls is anyone ever going to respond to my query that it would not be unreasonable to ask for a second one if it is supposed to be a breakfast service ?
That's because the answer is self-evidently that you can ask and the crew will no doubt reply either with a flat no or possibly a more equivocal maybe if we've got some left over.
Especially when you consider other services offer a full English.I understand your point of view, but if correct it hardly equates to a 1st Class Experience
Let's face it the fares are not exactly cheap these days and I don't think it should be an unreasonable expectation to be offered a couple of rolls on a breakfast service if that is what you desire.
Not everyone would partake, but it would be nice to have the choice.
Talking of Bacon Rolls is anyone ever going to respond to my query that it would not be unreasonable to ask for a second one if it is supposed to be a breakfast service ?
Ideally the second would be sausage till I realised that was of the "fake" variety.
As I have often seethed about, on two separate occasions I have seen someone ask for exactly this (no, it wasn’t me, both times suit middle aged guys) and received highly condescending responses.That's because the answer is self-evidently that you can ask and the crew will no doubt reply either with a flat no or possibly a more equivocal maybe if we've got some left over.
Sounds like they may have taken delivery of the eggs but not a chefI had a dine train on Monday morning and the menu was bordering on Deli. The only things on offer were bacon roll and vegan sausage roll. This was the 0615 London to Edinburgh.
Begs the question of why they bothered having a load of eggs delivered as I was boarding.
Not enough room on the trolley for bothSounds like they may have taken delivery of the eggs but not a chef
I don't know if it is relevant but they are "stoppers", not semi-fasts.Both being York semi-fasts and ‘Deli’ trains.
Are you sure it wasn't Dish? The current dish menu includes an egg option.I had a dine train on Monday morning and the menu was bordering on Deli. The only things on offer were bacon roll and vegan sausage roll. This was the 0615 London to Edinburgh.
Begs the question of why they bothered having a load of eggs delivered as I was boarding.
Yes a frittata of some sort isn't it. No, that wasn't offered by the staff.Are you sure it wasn't Dish? The current dish menu includes an egg option.
York.How far did you go?
Ah very disappointing in that case.York.
I took the 10:00 off Kings Cross late April. Was offered water, tea/coffee (I took tea), shortbread and a chocolate pot. No bacon rolls, I didn’t ask if they were available. For a £25 upgrade it was underwhelming, it was worth £15 more maximum.
I guess first class travellers today are lowering their standards but if you return to page 1 of this thread and read the OP’s post it shows you how far the first class offerings have fallen over the years.
I think its based on time from origin station, although I'm not sure how it works on such long journeys.Sorry if this has already been mentioned but at one point does the Dish breakfast menu become the lunch menu?
The changeover happens somewhere between 1100 and 1200, but varies by train.Sorry if this has already been mentioned but at one point does the Dish breakfast menu become the lunch menu?