Had my first experience of VTEC FC (in fact, my first experience of ECML FC for some time). Just from Aberdeen to Edinburgh.
Very quick service out of Aberdeen with tea, coffee, and the sandwiches. The coronation chicken didn't look too exciting, but it was actually quite tasty and well filled. Multiple runs of the drinks trolley up and down the carriage, I got three diet cokes. The wifi was pretty decent, and of course the seat comfortable.
I was quite impressed with the weekend offering, knowing in advance that it was less than what you get midweek. For this length of journey, it's more than adequate and there's still enough to justify upgrading. Good value if you have an advance ticket, it worked out as about the same price as the off peak return. I'll definitely do it again between Aberdeen and Edinburgh.
Will report on my trip back, with the All Day menu in a few days time.
Very quick service out of Aberdeen with tea, coffee, and the sandwiches. The coronation chicken didn't look too exciting, but it was actually quite tasty and well filled. Multiple runs of the drinks trolley up and down the carriage, I got three diet cokes. The wifi was pretty decent, and of course the seat comfortable.
I was quite impressed with the weekend offering, knowing in advance that it was less than what you get midweek. For this length of journey, it's more than adequate and there's still enough to justify upgrading. Good value if you have an advance ticket, it worked out as about the same price as the off peak return. I'll definitely do it again between Aberdeen and Edinburgh.
Will report on my trip back, with the All Day menu in a few days time.