Well I went on The Chieftan 1046 from Falkirk today......and I think the "Highland Clearances" have started again ...........it was rammed even in 1st:cry:
Bungle would have approved -I actually had to sit in the single seat I booked.
However the service was excellent despite the volume of passengers - I had the nicest Jacket spud it has been my pleasure to devour on EC and I've had a field full
A good sized spud halved properly and served with salad and tuna and mayo concoction and salad. Much more tender than the normal tattie they produce.
Washed down with a couple of scotches and coffee very good.
While I'm on the topic can anyone remember the "official spin" why the Full Meal Service only occurs on Northbound Services from Kings Cross and not the Southbound from Edinburgh or Newcastle.
According to Issac Newton "what goes up must come down" so surely this applies to the passengers , or do they all fly back :roll: