• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland Trainee Senior Conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheggers

Member
Joined
23 Oct 2014
Messages
151
Just got the following email:

"application for the above vacancy. Your application has been added to our recruitment pipeline for upcoming Conductor vacancies. We will be in touch when a suitable vacancy becomes available in your area and only then will we progress you to the next stage of the recruitment process."

Very happy with that. Just a waiting game now.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cheggers

Member
Joined
23 Oct 2014
Messages
151
Yes Coventry as this is where I live now. So I can easily start work anywhere in the West Midlands.
 

plastictaffy

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2012
Messages
1,104
Location
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Coventry is (from my admittedly limited experience) the better depot of that one and New Street. The work is better, too.

If you can, I'd consider putting down Northampton and Bletchley as 2nd and 3rd choices. Best to keep your options open.
 
Last edited:

scouseyb123

On Moderation
Joined
27 Nov 2012
Messages
250
Only a limited number of services every day! In the mornings and later in the evening I think
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Only a limited number of services every day! In the mornings and later in the evening I think

I'd expect that most of the diagrams would therefore involve passing on Chiltern services to and from another location at the beginning or end of duty.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Are there fewer than there used to be?

I remember there used to often be a central 150/1 in the bay platform shuttling to stratford
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Are there fewer than there used to be?

I remember there used to often be a central 150/1 in the bay platform shuttling to stratford

Leamington to Stratford services are now in the hands of Chiltern.

I think London Midland's contribution is from the Birmingham direction via Dorridge.
 

MuttleyBOT

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2012
Messages
43
Just got the following email:

"application for the above vacancy. Your application has been added to our recruitment pipeline for upcoming Conductor vacancies. We will be in touch when a suitable vacancy becomes available in your area and only then will we progress you to the next stage of the recruitment process."

Very happy with that. Just a waiting game now.

Now advertising again for these positions at Coventry, Leamington Spa and Worcester - closing date 23rd Feb. Hopefully you guys will get a chance - good luck :)
 

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
Joined
18 Apr 2011
Messages
2,825
Location
Birmingham
Yes, it is a very small depot. In fact one of the drivers from my depot is transferring up there in May. It is a diesel only depot - class 170's I believe.

It's all 172s at Leam. They sign Leamington - Malvern, Tyseley - Stratford and Bearley - Hatton as far as I'm aware.

As mentioned above the Leamington Stratford service is in the hands of Chiltern, but there is a half hourly Birmingham - Stratford service which covers both routes into Stratford upon Avon.
 

In4mer

New Member
Joined
18 Feb 2015
Messages
2
I know several people who work at Leamington Depot and they all seem to have great fun and feel very much like a family. I'm sure other places are the same. 15 Guards/senior conductors with most having 10 years+ under there belt.
LM have a majority of the Leamington to Snow Hill departures on a week day with in the first 3 hours of play LM having 5 against 4 from XC and 3 from Chiltern.
The depot will increase in size with the start of the Leamington to Coventry shuttle some time in 2016. At this time 170s 153s or even 150s might return.
The is a vacancy on the LM website for Leamington, Coventry or Worcester depots so why not try! (I might :D)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top