• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland Trainee Senior Conductor Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moomoochachi

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2013
Messages
5
Hi All,

This is my very first post, therefore apologies for any unknown forum etiquette.

I applied for the London Midland Trainee Senior Conductor post late last year and have passed their tests, the manager interview and completed and recieved a signed off medical certificate.

I was wondering if anyone has since recieved an offer letter to date, as I am told that the intensive training is due to start on the 8th April 2013?

Many thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2011
Messages
1,490
Hi and welcome to the forum! So to all intents and purposes, it looks like you've been successful!

Do you work elsewhere at the moment? Have you received any kind of offer? Verbal or written? If you haven't, I'd suggest you contact their HR department explaining you understand you've passed all tests and need to know whether or not you should be handing in your resignation at work, since you're obliged to give x weeks' notice period.

Not sure if this helps...
 

Moomoochachi

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2013
Messages
5
Well this is what I had thought, but didn't want to assume anything, as I was sure that I had read somewhere, that even after passing all of these stages, applicants had still been unsucessful.

I don't currently work within the industry and I have receieved a letter of intent prior to completing the medical.

Perhaps I should call. I didn't want to seem impatient, but as you note I am required to give my current employer a certain period of notice and the timescale is leaving it very slim at present.
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
hi and welcome

i will be starting on the April intake , which i believe is full , i would call them if i were you as there are more intakes coming up
 

Moomoochachi

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2013
Messages
5
Ahhh well done! How did you hear back? Phone/ letter/ e-mail? And was this after the medical that you heard back about your appointment? What station are you being assigned too?
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
i heard by letter in January , ill be based at northampton and yea after the medical :)
 

Moomoochachi

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2013
Messages
5
Ah cool. Sounds like you completed all of your tests/ interview earlier than me. I did the interview end of January and medical about 2 weeks ago now. How long after the medical did you hear back?

Good luck for the training, should be exciting!
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
Ah cool. Sounds like you completed all of your tests/ interview earlier than me. I did the interview end of January and medical about 2 weeks ago now. How long after the medical did you hear back?

Good luck for the training, should be exciting!

it was a couple of weeks after medical if memory serves
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top