• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London midland revenue protection security manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam2047

Member
Joined
10 May 2017
Messages
5
Hi all. I have an interview with LM for the above position and would like to know a couple of things please
1. What powers do they have if any too detain a ticketless offender?
2. What are security threat levels and what to look out for and what guidelines are followed for suspicious bags/packages on trains
Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OnlyM

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2013
Messages
32
Location
South
Hi all. I have an interview with LM for the above position and would like to know a couple of things please
1. What powers do they have if any too detain a ticketless offender?
2. What are security threat levels and what to look out for and what guidelines are followed for suspicious bags/packages on trains
Thanks
RPOM's have the power to take personal details of an offender who has traveled without having a valid ticket or no ticket. As far as detaining is concerned you could detain but you'll be told not to by the TOC. If it get's to the point of having to detain someone you should just let them go and inform them you've got the footage on your body CCTV camera. You need to sound convincing in your job in order to do it properly. And if the offender is becoming aggressive then you should call the BTP (British transport police)

And as for question number 2 i'll let somebody else answer that as i'm not prepared to answer that on a public forum.
 

12guard4

Member
Joined
23 Jul 2015
Messages
379
Hi all. I have an interview with LM for the above position and would like to know a couple of things please
1. What powers do they have if any too detain a ticketless offender?
2. What are security threat levels and what to look out for and what guidelines are followed for suspicious bags/packages on trains
Thanks

1 None.

2 Current UK threat level is severe. You would be contacting BTP if you found anything suspicious.
 

Adam2047

Member
Joined
10 May 2017
Messages
5
Thankyou for the help this is the second time ive got to interview stage for this position and these are a couple of questions I was unable to answer last time.
If there is any more advice you can give regarding my interview which is competence based I would appreciate it very much
thanks
adam
 
Last edited:

king_walnut

On Moderation
Joined
16 Oct 2013
Messages
293
what guidelines are followed for suspicious bags/packages on trains

We're taught the H.O.T procedure:



Is the object HIDDEN? - A bag stuffed behind a ticket machine would be more suspicious than a bag just left on the concourse, for example.

Is the object OBVIOUSLY suspicious? - Does it have wires sticking out of it? Does it tick? Obviously not as dumb as that, but you get what I mean.

Is the object TYPICAL of the environment in which it was found? - You'd expect to see a rucksack left behind on a train. You wouldn't expect to see a petrol can or something.
 

Adam2047

Member
Joined
10 May 2017
Messages
5
Thankyou for all the information this is very helpful I would also be grateful for any futher information about the job as a whole.
again thankyou for your help
Adam
 

atochopefull

Member
Joined
19 Oct 2015
Messages
211
Thankyou for all the information this is very helpful I would also be grateful for any futher information about the job as a whole.
again thankyou for your help
Adam

Hi Adam. If you don't mind me asking, did you apply for the Area Revenue Protection Manager job based in Birmingham where you will be supervising other Revenue & Protection Managers?
 

Adam2047

Member
Joined
10 May 2017
Messages
5
No I have not applied for Area manager I would of thought from my questions it was obvious !!
 

Adam2047

Member
Joined
10 May 2017
Messages
5
Weather or not he is a manager does not concern me but In hindsight may be I was a bit aggressive with my answer but I found the question a little sarcastic to be honest but as I am new and should know better, I apologise to atochopefull.
Adam
 
Last edited:

atochopefull

Member
Joined
19 Oct 2015
Messages
211
Weather or not he is a manager does not concern me but In hindsight may be I was a bit aggressive with my answer but I found the question a little sarcastic to be honest but as I am new and should know better, I apologise to atochopefull.
Adam

No sarcasm intended. Apology accepted. The reason I asked is because the Area Revenue Manager job had a closing date of 5 May and I hadn't seen LM advertise for Rev & Security Managers for a few months.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top