The rules were not particularly clear: with regards to going to Euston yesterday, I misunderstood the green shaded area on the maps - so ended up wasting an hour with a trip from Nuneaton to Tamworth and back to fill the time until I was able to travel down to Euston!
Anyway, I went down to London and visited the Transport Museum for the first time in years, went on the Emirates Airline (which was fantastic) and attempted to see the Siemens Inspiro tube
muckup mockup but it was closed for maintenance. I also spotted at Stratford, Kings Cross, St Pancras and London Bridge. I was lucky I was on the ranger because my train off Euston (16:50) was delayed by 10 minutes (15 by Coventry) so I missed by Coventry to Nuneaton connection to get me back to Leicester via Nuneaton. With the ranger I could fill the hour gap between Coventry to Nuneaton trains with a trip to Brum International and return which I couldn't have done otherwise, so returned to Leicester an hour later than planned. Great day though, apart from the events of the evening!
I'm leaving the bits I still need to do in the West Midlands for a West Midlands Day Ranger, which are great value anyway, and allow me to travel between Nuneaton and Birmingham with CrossCountry which obviously I can't do on a Great Escape (so being from Leicester that is more convenient). I might invite one or two forum members to join me on that (I'm fed up of bashing alone) - PM me if you're interested.