stephen rp
Member
- Joined
- 25 Jun 2016
- Messages
- 279
I'm going Warrington to Moreton-in-Marsh next Wednesday (first thing). I'm never sure whether the LM site is showing its own cheapest fare (even for Crewe-London - I use tpexpress and click their "slower routes" to find the LM only fares). I need a good price advantage to use advance tickets (and I get railcard discount on the fares quoted).
Trying to split tickets (and looking only for singles) LM came up with a first class advance for £22.50 Liverpool S Parkway to Worcester at either 0640 or 0715 (connections possible in from Sankey). (The £18 std advance is sold out.) So that would be with singles at either end £39.20 against the anytime single £59.50. Splitting at Wolverhampton gives £55.30 - I couldn't find a better split but trainsplit came up with the bizarre thing that anytime single is available Wolverhampton to Honeybourne but not to Moreton, and that brings it down to £49.40!
But how on the LM site do you know if you've got their cheapest fare? There's a £39 OPR Crewe-London on the 0649 direct train but it doesn't come up on LM.... (as it's a long journey via Brum and the 07 55 gets in 10 mins later - but it does show on the tpe site).
Trying to split tickets (and looking only for singles) LM came up with a first class advance for £22.50 Liverpool S Parkway to Worcester at either 0640 or 0715 (connections possible in from Sankey). (The £18 std advance is sold out.) So that would be with singles at either end £39.20 against the anytime single £59.50. Splitting at Wolverhampton gives £55.30 - I couldn't find a better split but trainsplit came up with the bizarre thing that anytime single is available Wolverhampton to Honeybourne but not to Moreton, and that brings it down to £49.40!
But how on the LM site do you know if you've got their cheapest fare? There's a £39 OPR Crewe-London on the 0649 direct train but it doesn't come up on LM.... (as it's a long journey via Brum and the 07 55 gets in 10 mins later - but it does show on the tpe site).
Last edited: