Not heard a thing since the interview on 3rd December, getting a bit peed off if I am honest, they are still cancelling trains due to no conductors but won't work at a reasonable speed to hire new ones. Might drop Centro an email in the New Year....
Not heard a thing since the interview on 3rd December, getting a bit peed off if I am honest, they are still cancelling trains due to no conductors but won't work at a reasonable speed to hire new ones. Might drop Centro an email in the New Year....
When people say someone has 'passed the interview', does this mean that esentially they have got the job or does it just mean there is a certain quota to pass the interview but this still does not mean a job?
I.e. if you answer all the questions to the expected standard do you pass but you still may not be the best candidate for the job?
You're not pulling out of the recruitment process then, cobbler?? Thought you said you already phoned them and told them to forget it??
i more expressed my dissapointment on here that waiting till april was not the ideal senario lol polite eh Hi Everyone
I have my interview for Trainee Senior Conductor next week Wednesday, so I was hoping if you guys can help me with the sort of questions they ask and how long the interview lasts.
Will appreciate greatly for any help guys......Thanks
Yep mine was from Emily too. Just sent her a quick e-mail to check the status of the references. Yes, ideally I'd have needed to do it by Friday but my Manager is off this week and as I'm Assistant Manager I had to give it in last week as don't think they'd be very impressed if gave it to myself! Just hoping and praying all goes through now or I've got bit of a problem!Yeah, I had that email. I replied straight away and the references were sent out the same day. The only hold up for me was that my old boss was on holiday and didnt reply until Tuesday just gone.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
My email was from Emily. I emailed her a couple of times and she is really helpful. I would email her on Monday if I were you for an update. Do you need to resign by Friday?
I got the rejection email tonight, no reason given of course and its incredibly out of order to take so long to make your mind up!
I will of course be seeking feedback and I am sorely tempted to bill them for my time and other expenditure.[/QUOTE
sorry to hear that roverman , ive been there so know exactly where your at , it is a very long process ..too long
happened to me last time and this time ive made it to being on active hold , if that means much i dont really know
nothing will make you feel good about it now i know but... theres a reason i went back again for a 2nd go and that is because it is a great job and a good industry to work in ,
how far did you get ?
I'd done the assessment and the structured interview. I felt I fitted what they wanted, after all I've been working 'front of house' with customers and handling cashfor 14 years. Its taken them from the 3rd December to make their minds up which I think is bang out of order, I've effectively put my life on hold whilst I waited for them and its not on. I will be submitting an invoice later today for my time and train fares. I will also be speaking to Centro West Midlands to see if they are interested in knowing about London Midland.
well im sorry for ya mate , as i said i know how you feel ive been there , however and i do feel its slightly poor taste saying it but i got offered the job today to start in april , im really pleased
and heres the thing , dont look at it as being you or something you did or didnt do , ive tried 3 times in total to come back , twice this year and once before
ive done the job for 10years with a good work record and its been hard getting knocked back because i know i can do it , theres alot of luck involved
keep plugging away , it will happen
