• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland Assessment Centre - Senior Conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cheggers

Member
Joined
23 Oct 2014
Messages
151
It's ok I received an email with what tests I'll be doing - concentration, ticket selling and verbal reasoning tests. If I pass them I'll also do a structured interview on same day.
 

plastictaffy

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2012
Messages
1,104
Location
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Bloody hell - all on the same day!! Mine was on two seperate days, weeks apart. I know one of the guys that will be interviewing, but not the other.

What depot have you put in for??
 
Last edited:

185

On Moderation
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
5,709
Worcester vacancy has been pulled I hear.
 

wellwhatitis

Member
Joined
12 Jul 2014
Messages
176
Advice on the tests. I did the LM tests and interviewed successfully so am familiar with them.

The concentration tests will be exactly as per the examples they have sent, so all you can do with those is practice every day between now and your assessment day which should get you to the level required.

However, the ticket selling and verbal reasoning tests were in my experience harder and more complicated in the flesh than in the examples, with there being far more data to refer to, so be prepared for that.

The ticket selling tests in particular were more complex than in the examples. I advise you to look through the questions and pick out the 'easy wins' first and do the more complex ones at the end instead of dwelling on them in order. However if you do this be careful to place your answers in the correct boxes as you won't be working in order.

Don't try to over think the verbal reasoning questions as you will end up answering nothing. Don't panic and be logical, pick out the bits of information that are relevant and only make decisions based on facts and not presumptions or your existing knowledge of anything.

My interview was some weeks later and medical even further along the line, took 6 months to get a start date. Good luck.
 

plastictaffy

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2012
Messages
1,104
Location
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
My interview was some weeks later and medical even further along the line, took 6 months to get a start date. Good luck.

True that. Tested in August, interview September, medical November, started in February. Should have been starting at the end of November, but I had to give a month's notice to my employer. I could have gone sooner, but they had been really good to me, and I didn't really want to drop them in it by leaving them short.
 

Cheggers

Member
Joined
23 Oct 2014
Messages
151
So did tests today. We were told they would tell us this afternoon if successful or not as interviews end of this week or Monday. There is a course starting in May (with spaces on it) and then in August. Not heard anything this afternoon - is it usual to be told one thing that doesn't come true?
 

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
So did tests today. We were told they would tell us this afternoon if successful or not as interviews end of this week or Monday. There is a course starting in May (with spaces on it) and then in August. Not heard anything this afternoon - is it usual to be told one thing that doesn't come true?

Yes, in the railway, expect to be waiting. The same happened to me and I am now in a job with them, so it pays to be patient (if you're worried give them a ring in a few days!)
 

JohnChuchu

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2013
Messages
107
The alarm went off for 3 minutes during the assessment....I got an email that we have to redo the assessment at later date
 

Cheggers

Member
Joined
23 Oct 2014
Messages
151
The alarm went off for 3 minutes during the assessment....I got an email that we have to redo the assessment at later date


I got an email today To say I've passed the tests and I have an interview booked for Monday 23 March. You might want to ring them and confirm where you actually stand mate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top