• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland 321s/319s discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverlinky

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2012
Messages
876
Wheelflats on the Abbey meant a replacement unit was required, leaving only 216 which sat spare at Bletchley all day.

Not to worry, three more 319's arrive next month!!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,312
Wheelflats on the Abbey meant a replacement unit was required, leaving only 216 which sat spare at Bletchley all day.

Not to worry, three more 319's arrive next month!!

How surprising. :D I always thought they'd get 7 eventually, otherwise it was a bit of a poor deal...
 

plastictaffy

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2012
Messages
1,104
Location
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
They'll be the absolute worst ones the donating depots can find. The 4 we have now are truly dire. This would have been avoided if the powers that be hadn't taken their eye off the ball with the leases on the Dusties.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,949
Location
Fenny Stratford
They'll be the absolute worst ones the donating depots can find. The 4 we have now are truly dire. This would have been avoided if the powers that be hadn't taken their eye off the ball with the leases on the Dusties.

I bet TL fleet reliability statistics have gone through the roof dumping those 4 things on LM!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
the erstwhile 0714 has been 1 x 319 this week. I bet thatis popular by Berko...........
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,816
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
I bet TL fleet reliability statistics have gone through the roof dumping those 4 things on LM!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
the erstwhile 0714 has been 1 x 319 this week. I bet thatis popular by Berko...........

It is not a sensible train to short-form - one of the peak time southbound fasts from MKC makes more sense, as these nearly always arrive at Euston with spare seats.
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,645
Location
Isle of Man
the erstwhile 0714 has been 1 x 319 this week. I bet thatis popular by Berko...........

Oh it'll be absolutely fine after Berkhamsted, nobody would be able to get on the damn thing. They may as well run it express from Tring and save everybody the hassle.

I see tonight that both the 1705 and 1730 from Euston will be short-formed down to four from eight carriages. London Midland really couldn't run a bath.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
How rammed to people reckon the 17:05 from Euston will by by Watford Junction? I'm debating wether to get it or not (on the 27th of Nov).

Cheers!
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,816
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
How rammed to people reckon the 17:05 from Euston will by by Watford Junction? I'm debating wether to get it or not (on the 27th of Nov).

http://www.londonmidland.com/download/110783.4/getting-a-seat-from-london-euston/ might help. If it's short-formed and anything other than green, assume it will be either one or two blobs of red.

You'll likely get on (as some will get off and few people get on at WFJ northbound in the evening peak) but it won't be comfortable.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Thanks. I'll probably head on the Southern an hour earlier then.
 

MK Tom

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
2,458
Location
Milton Keynes
The last few days there's been either 013 or 460 sat in the yard at Bletchley. Don't two rotate on St. Albans? So only one left for the WCML service?
 

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
I took a ride on the Abbey Flyer today, 319 216. I sat in the car just above the pantograph, OMG it's the noisiest unit I've had the mis-pleasure to ride in. Every time the unit pulled away from a station, the electrical buzzing sound (I don't know the technical word) was so loud. Saving grace, it drowned out the music from a teenagers phone and for me only 4 stops:cry:
 

Ibex

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2010
Messages
802
Further progress on the 319 cascade this weekend, 319 441 and 319 457 have both been to delivered to Kings Heath with a third (unspecified) 319 to be delivered in March, all three are expected to enter service on 4th April and will be in First Capital Connect livery.

319 216 which has been in Southern livery on LM since September was returned to Kings Heath today and is now in LM livery with a universal toilet, PIS etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top