• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Euston - Birmingham International LNWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jturner98

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2021
Messages
320
Location
Kent
Hi all,

I’ll be taking a trip with LNWR from Euston - Birmingham International on a Friday in a couple of weeks. I’ve chosen to use LNWR rather than Avanti as the Pendolinos make me feel sick after a while. Anyway I just wanted to know a bit about the journey. I know it will be a class 350 taking me.

Is there a particular subclass that runs that route or is it a random pool of unit that could turn up?

Are they usually 8 carriages long? I could imagine 4 would be very cosy.

If anyones got any more information or advice feel free to share it. I’ve only every traveled with LNWR a couple of times before.

Thanks in advance
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,598
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
It can be any Class 350 subclass, /1, /2, /3 or /4. Usually in 8 car formations and often a mix of subclasses, but there is the odd short form in which case it is indeed cosy! Very occasionally it'll be 12 south of Northampton with 4 coming off there, I don't think I ever heard of 12 going all the way.

The one thing it won't be is a 730/0 as these either operate local services around Brum or Euston but I never heard of one operating between Coventry and Northampton.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top