• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Day Pass with Railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,038
Location
Gloucester
Hi guys, I'm currently on 1L24 on my way to London Paddington (due in at 0933). I'm getting a day ticket for zones 1&2 on London, which I think is £8.30 but can you get a discount with a 16-25 railcard?? Thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,462
Location
Yorkshire
The Railcard fare is £5.60 and for that price you get Zones 1-6.
 

headshot119

Established Member
Joined
31 Dec 2010
Messages
2,051
Location
Dubai
This might sound like a very stupid question to anyone who regularly uses travel cards in London, but which national rail services is a travelcard valid on, is there a map anywhere?
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,038
Location
Gloucester
I purchased this ticket on board after, which was excellent as I didn't have to queue at Paddington which was monstrous!! However, the damn thing didn't work all day and I passed through several Zone 1 stations, having to ask the ticket guard to let me through!!
 

Bungle73

On Moderation
Joined
19 Aug 2011
Messages
3,216
Location
Kent
I've had non-functioning train-bought Travelcards too. This was with Southeasten. Seems it could be a common problem. Incidentally I bought one on Monday and it was fine.
 

zoothorn

Member
Joined
18 Feb 2011
Messages
29
I have yet to find an outboundary Z1-6 TC that works the gates through to platforms 11 and upwards at Paddington or on the bridge towards the H&C and platfrms 13 and 14
 

bnm

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2009
Messages
4,992
I too have had problems with Travelcards issued by Avantix, be they Outboundary inclusive of travel to London, or Inboundary Z1-6.

Does get a little tiresome when at every TfL gateline you have to 'seek assistance'. :roll:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top