• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London connection time and Euston departure boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonJohn

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2011
Messages
285
Location
London
As sad as it sounds I'd been looking forward to my first class journey all week and that's all I cared about really! He really made my day.:)

So was it worth it ? I've done 3 First Class journeys with Virgin Trains in the last week and to be honest I am disappointed with the whole experience. Lounges full, poorly stocked and train crew just not interested. No wifi, poor catering options.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RYS

Member
Joined
11 May 2011
Messages
62
Location
Guess.
Well I didn't have chance to use the lounge this time (obviously!) though when I used it in the past I did think it was a bit grim. The first class catering crew I have experienced so far have always seemed very polite and friendly, the wifi has always worked without any problem, and as I'm only paying about £5-8 more for my first class ticket compared to what I would pay for standard, I'm pretty pleased with the range, quality and quantity of food and drink available (during the week, weekends are less impressive of course but they do make clear the reduced service on the website so I just don't book First for weekends). I especially like the Peruvian lager they have...
 
Last edited:

LondonJohn

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2011
Messages
285
Location
London
Well I didn't have chance to use the lounge this time (obviously!) though when I used it in the past I did think it was a bit grim. The first class catering crew I have experienced so far have always seemed very polite and friendly, the wifi has always worked without any problem, and as I'm only paying about £5-8 more for my first class ticket compared to what I would pay for standard, I'm pretty pleased with the range, quality and quantity of food and drink available (during the week, weekends are less impressive of course but they do make clear the reduced service on the website so I just don't book First for weekends). I especially like the Peruvian lager they have...

To be honest I found the weekend service the best of an evening meal service and a day light bight service and was only £3 more than the standard class fare.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top