• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London - Chippenham: Peak/Off-peak/Super off-peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel78

Member
Joined
19 Apr 2012
Messages
103
Hello,

I'm trying to figure my way through the various Peak/Off-peak/Super off-peak restrictions for a train journey London - Chippenham. Can anyone help?

My dad has to go to Chippenham today at short notice. He is over 60, he has a freedom pass for London, and a senior railcard.

He does this journey fairly regularly (usually with enough notice to get advance tickets though), otherwise he usually gets his return ticket to/from West Drayton to take advantage of free London travel.

Super off-peak return is £30.70, off-peak return is £38.00

When I search for London Paddington to Chippenham, I see a super off-peak fare available till 14:57, then from 19:27. Does this mean he can get the 19.27? His freedom pass should cover the inner-London part at any time after morning peak.

Also, are there any restrictions on when super off-peak can be used on the return journey?

Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
I'm not 100% sure on this, but i think ticket restrictions have been lifted this week on FGW due to the reading development.
 

daniel78

Member
Joined
19 Apr 2012
Messages
103
I'm not 100% sure on this, but i think ticket restrictions have been lifted this week on FGW due to the reading development.

Thanks, I found this article which confirms as much, but only till yesterday. Is there somewhere I could call to check about today? It's a pity he got the call a bit too late to get to Paddington for the 14.27, it's not a problem leaving later, but he'd probably prefer to get to Chippenham before late evening.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
I was at Reading earlier and the restrictions were not lifted AFAIK. Quite a few cancellations though.

Obviously it is too late for today, however for future reference, you can check ticket restrictions at brfares. West Drayton - Chippenham fares are here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top