Howardh
Established Member
- Joined
- 17 May 2011
- Messages
- 9,799
Thinking of making one single bus journey in London tomorrow - I know you only tap in on buses (not out as in the tube) so how do they know the time of the journey and the amount to pay?
From the TFL site....
So if you don't tap out how do they know the journey hasn't taken over an hour (I assume some buses do take longer from end to end?)?
Thanks!
From the TFL site....
Pay as you go at adult rate on buses and trams and our Hopper fare gives you unlimited journeys for £1.50, made within one hour of touching in. Hopper fare also applies to discounted rate travel.
Touch in using the same card or device on all journeys and you get our Hopper fare automatically.
So if you don't tap out how do they know the journey hasn't taken over an hour (I assume some buses do take longer from end to end?)?
Thanks!
