Sad Sprinter
Established Member
I read about the recent sexual assault that took place in London Bridge station recently late at night. As someone that uses one of the last trains frequently, I have also noticed it seems to attract a level of anti-social behaviour higher than other London terminuses. I've witnessed young men/teens using the Brighton concourse as a football pitch (no staff intervening), someone cycling around the entire concourse in a Lime bike arguing with their passenger (no staff, not even an actual security officer on site intervened), frequently I'll see youths tearing along on rollerblades. Although this seems to happen at all times of day as well, particularly at nearby Canada Water.
I don't remember Victoria, Waterloo or Liverpool Street, which I've been to very late, feeling so off. I can only imagine it has something to do with the wide open multiple entrances to the Network Rail concourse, and the fact it's a little bit set back from the main road. For the former stations, you actually have to go to the area to be there, whereas with London Bridge you can easily wander in from nearby streets.
I don't remember Victoria, Waterloo or Liverpool Street, which I've been to very late, feeling so off. I can only imagine it has something to do with the wide open multiple entrances to the Network Rail concourse, and the fact it's a little bit set back from the main road. For the former stations, you actually have to go to the area to be there, whereas with London Bridge you can easily wander in from nearby streets.